Sunday, June 24, 2007

24th June ~ My it seems like such a lot has happened this weekend so I am just going to get you all uptodate as quickly as I can, then will be back to normal tomorrow with two – TWO!!! – mammoth posts! Ooo look it’s that trusty bullet point format. Again.

  • I realised after my craptacular day on Thursday, that it was the longest day of the year and boy, did it feel like it! Still Friday was just around the corner and the weekend turned out a lot better than the week did…
  • I drove straight from work on Friday to pick up Ruthiepoos as we were off to the big outdoor Feeling concert in Cannock chase park near ruthiepoos house…
  • I had foolishly dressed for the occasion rather than the weather, so wasn’t overly thrilled when it started pissing down with rain on the way there. Luckily sensible ruthiepoos had layered up and lent me her “hoodie” so I didn’t get completely drenched…
  • Once there, we were both very rock and/or roll. Ruthiepoos ordered a water, and I went all out with the ligging and had a hot chocolate. As Darren texted wisely from the warmth of our apartment “you are so wild”. Indeed.
  • Usually at concerts, all ruthiepoos sees is the back of someone’s arse cos she is so tiny. Honestly, you want to pick her up and put her in your shirt pocket so she can have a better view. This concert was on a hill, so to avoid the running water and for ruthiepoos to get an actual view of the stage, we stood near the back…
  • … she was like a kid in a bloody candy store, actually seeing people on stage! Haha. Bless.
  • The Ghosts were the support act and as usual XO is correct. They are very good indeed. Stay The Night positively rocked despite the pouring (and I mean pouring) rain, and even their version of Don’t Cha had a certain charm to it… Then! After we were told we weren’t allowed to bring umbrellas in (which was my provision for keeping my ensemble dry) they sold Ghosts umbrellas! I was most unimpressed!!
  • In between the support and main act, Ruthiepoos had to widdle about 9 times. She had the bladder of a 92 year old man. And! The toilets weren’t a patch on V Festival ones. You couldn’t even flush them. I held mine til I got to the safety of my £3000 refitted bathroom.
  • We were both quite cold and miserable by the time the feeling came on the stage. That is they appeared on the stage. They didn’t “come” on the stage. That’s a different show completely and one I hope to see one day with just Dan Gillespie Sells Sex and Mr Ellis Bextor, who as always looked adorable in his braces/suspenders.
  • However, once the Fill My Little Fanfare intro merged into I Want You Now, our moods lifted, the sun peeked out from the clouds and Ruthiepoos and I were bopping about, albeit sedately as we didn’t want to slip in the mud.
  • The set list was pretty much the same as the last two times we saw them live (5 times in 15 months. Obsessed much?) but still quite delightful.
  • Fat Bottomed Girls live is just amazing, and they need to record this as a b-side tout de suite.
  • When Never Be Lonely came on, a couple near us were spinning each other around, which was a bit hazardous but actually quite a lovely sight to behold. People in love are indeed fast and foolish J
  • I think Ruthiepoos and I bopped hardest to the amazing Join With Us, which Dan once again promised would be on the second album.
  • Then we drove back to my house as RP was staying over in preparation for an early start to Manchester. She was freezing in the car and I was boiling. It may have been a little selfish of me to turn the heating down surrepticiously.
  • Saturday morning came round far too quick, and soon DazPants, Ruthiepoos, LusciousLou and myself were off in my little Merc up to Manchester to Sparkle In The Park(le) which is transgendered pride. We stayed in these gorgeous serviced apartments literally opposite canal street, but first of all popped off to the shops for a look around.
  • I was VERY disappointed with Manchester shops. ScallySports is not a shop I want to peruse, though I did see an inordinate amount of people with Primark bags. Turns out it was 10% off day. Still, it’s nice for people who need 4 outfits for £13.50…
  • Fact: If you are foolish enough to buy primark clothes you will notice they fall apart after two washes. I have this from a very reliable source.
  • My Saturday Starbucks was only ok. It did not fill me with vim and vigour like it usually does. I think the boy serving was a bit stingy on the white chocolate part of my mocha. Question – do you pronounce it Moe-Car or Mock-Uh??
  • After that, we mosied on down to Sparkle In The Parkle which was on this cute little village green and had a really nice atmosphere to it all.
  • The drinks were more reasonably priced than the upitself Soho Revue Bar, so I was soon pretty hammered on orange Bacardi Breezers (hence the orange tongue in the vidclip above) and Darren was dancing around to an Indigo Girls tribute transsexual called Gloria.
  • Luckily it got much better than that cos I got to hang out with the lovely Digital boys before their performance – and they are all as absolutely lovely in person as they are on msn/myspace, etc…
  • …And gave an amazing performance to an adoring crowd. Much MUCH more on Digital tomorrow…
  • I also got to say hello to Jazz and Ste from Billiam who were constantly surrounded by swooning girls. It was quite funny. For the record, I didn’t swoon.
  • Having an all you can eat Chinese buffet with the Digital boys before going clubbing was a mistake, as it pretty much killed everyone off!! Hehe.
  • It was an ace weekend, though I’m really tired right now.
  • Of course I can’t leave without some Big Bro gossip – though I am no fan of Seany, I thought the moment below would have saved him from eviction. Genius!
  • And below big bro vid, some more pics and vids from the weekend!

(at least Charlie Digital is looking at the right camera!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY