Tuesday, June 19, 2007

THE COSY SIT DOWN WITH JONATHAN FAGERLUND:

Sweden is pretty darn hot when it comes to churning out bonza popstars with tunes so deliciously perfect that for a brief moment after hearing them you get what the French call “la petit mort”… that means they are blissfully good. The music of Jonathan Fagerlund is destined to stand up there with such luminaries as Mans Zelmerlow, A*Teens, Darin and any others that Poppostergirl may have mentioned over the past few months ;) Jonathan got his start with a popular tv show called Super Troopers before getting a part in a new boyband. Proclaimed as the next big thing, sadly the problems with management were so intense that Jonathan wisely left and is now pursuing his solo career. The four songs on his webpage represent classic elements of pop music including Backstreet Boys, Britney, Kelly Clarkson and even Take That. Songs like the effortlessly catchy Playing Me and power ballad Damn Lonely Night showcase Jonathan’s surprisingly deep and rich voice as well as the potential he has to forge a solo career. And at a tender 16 years of age, it’s easy to see why he has already had a varied career to date. Jonathan was way too kind to take time out of his school studies to chat about music, fashion and whatever popped into my head…

1. Tell us a little bit about yourself - I understand you got your start in a Swedish musical tv show called Super Trouper?

Yes, that was a really great experience for me, Super Troupers is like Pop Idol for young people. Myself and the rest of the finalists even released a Christmas album!

2. Can you talk at all about what happened with the boy band you were in?

Yes, that was also a great experience, it gave me a lot of confidence on stage and also gave me my first taste of the life in the music industry. We had some pretty dedicated fans! Too bad the manager is the way he is!

3. How is it being solo after being a group for 12 months?

The band was a good experience and I met one of my best friends there but I really enjoy the freedom of being solo. I like the freedom of deciding what to do next on my own!

4. Swedish pop has a reputation for being pretty much amazing - do you feel any pressure to live up to that (you are doing pretty well so far!) Any favourite acts?

I didn’t realize people loved Swedish pop so much until I met the Irish guy who was in the band with, I was pretty shocked when he knew more Swedish music than I do! I’m working with a top Swedish producer so I hope I can live up to the pressure! ;) I have so many favourite acts its hard to pick just one! I really like a singer called Anders Johansson!

5. How would you describe your music? And if people listened to one particular song of yours first, what would that be and why?

I would describe my sound as pop with a slice of emotion and feeling! To be honest, I don’t know, I love all the songs so much so I can't pick one, I'd probably tell them to listen to a little bit of every song! ;)

6. Were you ever tempted to go the Idol route on tv? Any favourites from those kind of shows??

I think I would have back when they first started but now those shows are old, people have seen what happens to the winners and I just think it’s nicer to be in control of things myself!

7. Live Lounge on radio one is one of my favourite shows - where acts cover songs in the chart that they might not normally sing. What song would you cover and who would you want to do a cover of one of your songs?

Like I said I have so many artists I love its hard to pick just one!

You will be the first one to know that I am actually recording at the moment. It's originally sung Bryan Adams, and it’s a fantastic song which I think has gotten too little attention!

8.Who have you been most influenced by in the music industry?

I haven't really ever had any specific "Idols", though, right now im really into Justin Timberlakes stuff, I love the new album!

9. What can I expect if we went for a night on the town with you and your buddies?

I’m the kind of guy who might be planning to take a walk with my dog ending in a café downtown, so, be prepared for everything! =)

10. Rather randomly what would your stag night prank on a friend be?

Oh my, I have no idea, but it would be well planned out and pretty crazy!

11. I often think fashion and music go hand in hand together - how important is it to you to have a particular image associated with you and your music (am loving the orange tie by the way!)

So do I! As much as everyone says image doesn’t matter, I think in the music industry it does make a bit of a difference, after all, if the image matches your personality, people will feel like they know you by looking at you!

12. What do you do in your "non-music" time - games, books, tv, movies, hanging out??

I go to the gym about 4 times a week so, when I’m not in school or at the gym you'd probably find me with friends or at the computer, I study "IT/MEDIA" in school so we get to do a lot of designing in photoshop also!

13. What will be the most outrageous lie the Sun newspaper prints about you during your long career?!

Wow, thats a hard one, I have no idea!

14. What can people expect to see who come and see you play live - what would your ideal show setting be?

I have this dream about doing a gig on a big indoor stage. You could expect a high tempo, a lot of dancing.. basically, a gig á la Justin/Westlife/Backstreet/Darin (who is a Swedish singer) also!

15. Finally, thanks so much for doing this. Anything else you want to add???

Thank you! I am releasing a single soon enough, so, keep your eyes open! =)

Be sure to check out Jonathan’s myspace page and drop him a line to say hi J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY