Sunday, February 21, 2010

Had a brilliant Saturday night when the Ace Gang came round for an evening of ribald entertainment :) We did some lovely niblets and I conjured up a super tasty desert treat or two for the folks while we chatted and laughed and listened to music and told stories; then played an increasingly filthy game of Balderdash. I always end up being really obvious for using the words 'spaff', 'chuff', 'squirt' and (apparently revolting) 'clunge) in nearly all my answers (I blame the white wine spritzer). Then because everyone was leaning on old copies of Attitude Mag, the game kept getting derailed as they judged which pages had been fingered the most! Crikey! Was absolutely brilliant night though which left me feeling oddly melancholy on Sunday. We aren't all able to get together as often as I would like and although I see them individually fairly regularly, it's just lovely when we are all together. So played lots of lovely Dusty Springfield today including of course the amazing well known stuff like You Don't Have To Say You Love Me, I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself and Son of a Preacher Man, as well as some of the lesser known (I think) songs such as the heavenly What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life. Then of course that put me in the mood for some Carpenters, including my all time favourite song of theirs I Need To Be In Love which just gets me to the very core every time. Heavy sigh - just such gorgeous voices and timeless pop with such heart and emotion poured into it ~ made it a lazy, lovely, memory filled Sunday afternoon...
(PS ~ Both Dusty and Karen Carpenter deserve much much longer posts than this!)

TOP 21 SONGS OF THE WEEK:

21 ~ Robbie Williams, Morning Sun (NE)
20 ~ Alphabeat, Hole In My Heart
19 ~ JLS, One Shot
18 ~ Ryan Ferrada, Room 501
17 ~ Hugh Sheridan, All About Me
16 ~ Hurts, Blood Tears & Gold
15 ~ Donkeyboy, Ambitions
14 ~ Nerina Pallot, When Did I Become Such A Bitch?
13 ~ Natalie Imbruglia, Scars
12 ~ Leona Lewis, I Got You
11 ~ The Pipettes, Stop The Music
10 ~ Bjorn Johan Muri, Yes Man (NE)
09 ~ Mika, Rain
08 ~ Jason Mraz, Kicking With You
07 ~ Matt Morris, Money
06 ~ Barenaked Ladies, You Run Away
05 ~ Simon Curtis, Diablo
04 ~ Marina & The Diamonds, Hollywood
03 ~ Music Go Music, Light of Love
02 ~ Boyzone, Gave It All Away
01 ~ Elouise, Fireman of my Dreams (3 weeks)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY