Saturday, January 12, 2008

muscles.jpg

First of all, I have to confess I’m a bit of a twat. When I first read about Muscles on Ademwithane, I thought that was the name of his album and he was called Guns Babes and Lemonade. Clearly i was confused dot com. It is indeed the other way around. And my second confession is that I am surprised at how much i like this artist and album. I’m not a big fan of dance music, I don’t like remixes and in the 90s I thought Ace of Base and Cathy Dennis were cutting edge club artists. Oh dear. Still, if you would like to dip into the works of Muscles (and perhaps start with his current UK single Sweaty - mmm, moistness!) you will find an incredibly addictive sound built around electro, pop, intricate keyboards and vocal harmonies all mixed into a swirling beat driven concoction, that takes about, oh, 3 seconds to get under your skin. There is definitely a wry sense of humour again and any artist who proclaims “ice cream is going to save the day, again” has got my vote. Plus he kindly called this photo “photo for future bloggers to use” on his myspace site, and was already nicely sized for sites. Now if that is consideration, I don’t know what is. Give him a go and find yourself in a world of lo-fi electronica which will make your shoes shake and your body pop. An acquired taste, but ultimately a delicious one. Yummers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY