Friday, September 28, 2007

Ok, I have yet to watch (deep breath) Private Practice, DirtySexyMoney; Grey’s Anatomy, Ugly Betty, Smallville or The Office. Am sure I will get through some of them shortly and will check back in with you next Wednesday. Here are my thoughts on the few that aired up to Weds this week…

Gossip Girl ~ I know ModFab said he didn’t know anyone who read these books, but tragically I have and the show did a fairly good job of bringing the story to life. It’s very OC, but then it would be wouldn’t it? It’s nice to have ‘Veronica Mars’ voice still on the CW, but with sub VM ratings, I’m not sure it was a worthy replacement. Still I’ll stick with it for a while. Strange that the hottest boy in it is the one meant to be a dork (the lovely Penn Badgley as Dan Humphreys)…

Heroes ~ A rather unassuming premiere, but one that was jam packed with info and hints for the upcoming season. After all the death defying stunts Claire pulled in the first episode of the first season, it was a nice juxtaposition to have her trying to contain that aspect of her, which put me on edge. I kept expecting some horrible accident to befall her in front of everyone. Oh! Her new male bff? Not a patch on Thomas Dekker! The new South American “heroes” were interesting, although it meant more subtitles! And nekkid Peter Petrelli chained up? Woo hoo! Nice to see coming back from the dead sorted out his hair…

Dexter ~ 2 pre-air episodes of season 2 are doing the rounds before it’s return to tv this Sunday. I don’t want to give too much away, but the first episode shook things up a little bit and certainly focused on the threads left by the excellent finale last year. Dexter is having all sorts of problems as is his sister and the end of episode one changes the show totally, while having it be exactly the same! It’s a great twist and one that leads to some funny moments in episode 2, particularly where Rita incorrectly guesses Dexter’s secret and he goes along with it! I’m surprised at how much I have fallen for this show…

Prison Break ~ now this will sound hypocritical coming from someone who gave up 24 for it’s constant inconsistencies and bad plotting, but I really like Prison Break. And I much prefer Lincoln over Michael. Michael would be too caring and understanding in bed. Lincoln would rattle your teeth with a good pounding :P In fact I think I was randomly thinking about this when listening to the Hairspray soundtrack (again!) t’other day and shocked myself by singing “Link you’ve got to break out so that I can get my c**k in you” :O Anyway, it’s back to Prison for Prison Break with another escape plot that will last god knows how long, and while it’s slowly being explained, it’s still ridiculous. I love it. And I don’t know why. Somebody stop me for my own good…

Pushing Daisies ~ As I said in my pre-amble, this show has completely enchanted me already. It’s just so lovely and delicious and Kristin Chenowitzy. It’s a complete fairy story with a beautiful colourful set, an adorable cast, tender touching moments of cause and effect as well as some quite funny aspects to the show. Oh, it’s all just so wonderfully kooky, warmly written and like a big hug from the tv. Sigh. Seriously, I will need counselling if this gem of a show isn’t a huge huge hit…

Next week: Reaper, DirtySexyMoney, The Office, Smallville, Greys, etc…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY