Sunday, March 13, 2011


Eee by gum, you go away for a week to Costa Blanca (*whispers - Benidorm*) and have a nice self imposed internet exile only to come back and find yourself spending more time online in one evening than you would if there had been no such exile. Still, I did read four and a half books last week (still finishing one), so can't all be bad. One of the highlights of coming back was to find a ready prepared video from my beloved Princes & Rogues. Now previously in Princes & Rogues, Cameron left the group for pastures new and there is now a new prince-slash-rogue in the mix. He is the dark brooding one, fingering a guitar on the left of the above video, which is their most recent youtube cover. This time, they have tackled the Bruno Mars hit 'Grenade' and glee-ed it up something spectacular. As I've mentioned before, what I really adore about P&R (apart from Ashley in a bowtie and Derek's accent) is their ability to not just deliver layered vocal harmonies, but actually make them an integral part of the tune. The guitar is a nice addition, but it's their blend of voices that really make this work. New Directions on Glee do this from time to time when they are not trying to re-enact pop videos, but the Dalton Warblers really excel (spreadsheet) at it and this reminds me of one of their top notch performances. I do get a bit excited by the way when it goes from finger clicking goodness into ebullient handclapping enthusiasm. One thing, tsk to putting your shoes on the settee. I hope you wiped your feet before you came in today :P Do follow Princes & Rogues on twitter, I am hoping for massive things from them in 2011.

Top 21 songs of the week:

Despite lots of musical happenings going on at the moment, I am still obsessed with lots of songs from melodifestivalen and they are cluttering up my chart. Eric Saade gets a third week at the top (though The Feeling are nipping at his heels) which matches his chart topping debut on the real Swedish pop charts. Hurrah. And some stellar tv performances this week (on Alan Titmunch no less) boosted the brillo The Wanted single quite high and kept my interest in Shayne Ward's Obsession track for just a little while longer...


21 ~ The Moniker, Oh My God (NE)
20 ~ Shayne Ward, Obsession (VID-ABOVE)
19 ~ Westlife, Beautiful Tonight
18 ~ Same Difference, Karma Karma
17 ~ Neo, Underground
16 ~ Danny, In The Club
15 ~ Tove Styrke, High and Low
14 ~ Same Difference, Best Mistake (NE)
13 ~ Deborah Gibson, Snake Charmer
12 ~ McFly, That's The Truth
11 ~ Love Generation, I Dance Alone
10 ~ Take That, Kidz
09 ~ Kylie, Put Your Hands Up
08 ~ Le Kid, Oh My God
07 ~ Lady Gaga, Born This Way
06 ~ Maroon 5, Never Gonna Leave This Bed
05 ~ The Wanted, Gold Forever (VID BELOW)
04 ~ Sanna Nielsen, I'm In Love
03 ~ Andreas Johnson, One Man Army
02 ~ The Feeling, Set My World on Fire
01 ~ Eric Saade, Popular (3 weeks)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY