Sunday, March 27, 2011

I had three days off work this week and clearly didn't use the time to blog. Instead I trekked around the country doing various theme parks and got stung by a bee on my face. It has swelled up something chronic (despite copious benedryl, cream and antiseptic cover up) and now I look like a lopsided unicorn. Let's speak no more of this travesty and move on with 3 acts that you should definitely be getting to know this week, shall we?

POP POTENTIAL:

  • Oh My ~ There are many reasons you should like Oh My. First and foremost is because they are called Oh My. This is an expression I have been using a lot this year to help me reduce the amount of "swears" I utilise in an average day. Secondly, they follow me on twitter and seem like quite amusing lasses. Thirdly they have bacon butties on a Saturday. Embrace the grease I say (though a George Forman is probably the healthiest way to cook your weekly fry up!). Musically, they are all sorts of magnificent, which is probably why Popjustice has been spaffing their chuff up over them this week. Run This Town (listen here) is a spunky little pop gem that recklessly balances sweet melodic verses with a drenched-in-attitude chanted chorus, set over a percussive beat. It's deliciously more-ish - in fact, you know when people do that invisible lasso dance move and their partner gets pulled closer and closer (with a hip shimmy if they've got anything about them)? Well, this is the musical equivalent of that - it ensnares you, charms you and leaves you giddy for more. It also leaves you with the impression that there is so much more to come from them that will absolutely wow. The involvement of the always entertaining Example is just another massive tick in the "yes, yes, oh god, slightly orgasmic, yes" column. More please and very soon. AMAZING.
  • Viktorious ~ I'm shamefully late writing about this Swedish pop gent, but he's charmed me (via poppostergirl & alienhits) with his ever so delightful song When We Were Ten. In a world of Rebecca Blacks, Viktor Norén continues to give me hope with his youthful Mick Jagger looks and pop energy that is far too contaigous for it's own good. Surely there should be a world health warning on this?! As the nights get lighter and the weather gets warmer, this is exactly the type of song you should be playing with your top down (car top, not your top, although each to their own) and wind blowing through your hair. He basically takes everything that makes a good indie tune and throws it into a pop blender to come up with something that is genuinely exhilarating to listen to. Big singalong chorus, huge on melody and quite quite wonderful from start to finish. Excellent stuff!!
  • VanBot ~ Due to the heads up from wonderful people like Greg and Damian, I've become a bit obsessed with the swedish sensation to be called VanBot this weekend. I could give you comparisons but at soon as you listen to the music, they become redundant ~ track Make Me Break Me is a sweeping, synth fuelled dance dominator with whirling, dramatic drum riffs that are elegantly framed by a impassioned vocal from the lady herself.  It's a dizzy sing a long trip of a chorus that reels you in and leaves you singing along long after the song has finished. Excitingly, there's a new album coming in April which is practically now, so not too long to wait for more aural satisfaction :) 
TOP 21 TRACKS OF THE WEEK:


21 ~ Deborah Gibson, Snake Charmer
20 ~ Take That, Kidz
19 ~ Maroon 5, Never Gonna Leave This Bed
18 ~ Rochella Danishei, Never Been Kissed (NE)
17 ~ Julian Velard, Love Again For The First Time
16 ~ Le Kid, Oh My God
15 ~ Lady Gaga, Born This Way
14 ~ Danny, In The Club
13 ~ Take That, Happy Now
12 ~ The Moniker, Oh My God
11 ~ Tove Styrke, High & Low
10 ~ JLS, Eyes Wide Shut
09 ~ Andreas Johnson, One Man Army
08 ~ Andrea Lewis, She
07 ~ Same Difference, Best Mistake
06 ~ Love Generation, I Dance Alone (VID)
05 ~ Kylie, Put Your Hands Up
04 ~ Sanna Nielsen, I'm In Love
03 ~ The Wanted, Gold Forever
02 ~ The Feeling, Set My World On Fire
01 ~ Eric Saade, Popular (5 weeks)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY