Sunday, February 27, 2011

Good lord. Once again I'm going to abandon any semblence of doing melodifestivalen coverage again today and instead talk once again about my beloved The Feeling. Well in a minute anyway. As you well know by now, you can get all your melodifestivalen coverage over at AlienHits, PopPosterGirl, SwedishStereo and Scandipop. What I will say is that this week was a bit of a shocker (results wise) and I really enjoyed Love Generation, Melody Club & Linda B, quite liked Anders Fernette and found everyone else pleasant. Anyway, more swedish pop makes my chart this week and I suspect a big influx of MF songs will debut next week. Now does anyone else think the Glee "loser like me" song is quite good but not as spiffing as Brit High's "start of something"?!

THE FEELING ~ SEARCHED EVERY CORNER:


A couple of weeks ago, I wrote about the forthcoming The Feeling single, Set My World On Fire, which you can now hear as part of the BBC's cricket coverage and debuts on my chart at #12 this week. At their tiny audience gigs, they've been selling a 1 track cd of a Freemasons produced song called Searched Every Corner. Allegedly this won't be on their forthcoming album, which is a bit of a shame as it deserves a much wider audience. It's basically is The Feeling Does Disco. They have done this before to an extent with the electro tinged second album comeback single "I Thought It Was Over". This is completely different to that - it's a warm shimmering affair, sort of what you would imagine The Feeling to sound like if they covered Kylie Minogue's The One. It keeps all the trademark The Feeling stuff you know and love such as the divine layered harmonies and delightfully 60s-esque sound they do so well and covers it in pulsating disco beats, swirling synth couplets & delicious female backing vocals. The chorus is a singalong treat with a perfect delivery from Dan and some great "back back back" ad-libs from the boys. This all bodes well for their duet with Sophie Ellis Bextor (Leave Me Out of It) and hopefully a nice summer tour from them too. I remain completely smitten.

Top 21 songs of the week:


21 ~ James Blunt, Too Far Gone
20 ~ Tove Styrke, High & Low (NE)
19 ~ Avril Lavigne, What The Hell
18 ~ Danny, In The Club
17 ~ Rochella Danishei, Michelle
16 ~ Shayne Ward, Obsession
15 ~ Britney, Hold It Against Me
14 ~ McFly, That's The Truth
13 ~ Same Difference, Karma Karma
12 ~ The Feeling, Set My World On Fire (NE)
11 ~ Kylie, Put Your Hands Up
10 ~ Sanna Nielsen, I'm In Love
09 ~ Westlife, Beautiful Tonight
08 ~ Maroon 5, Never Gonna Leave This Bed
07 ~ Neo, Underground
06 ~ Le Kid, Oh My God
05 ~ Deborah Gibson, Snake Charmer
04 ~ Lady Gaga, Born This Way
03 ~ Take That, Kidz (PIC)
02 ~ Andreas Johnson, One Man Army
01 ~ Eric Saade, Popular (NE/1 Week)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY