Saturday, April 3, 2010


I've been rubbish at blogging again this week, because I frankly thought nothing had happened. Then it turns out loads of brilliant things have been occurring and I've just not been noticing so there's a plethora of stuff to read about today that you probably already know. For my sake, just try and look a little bit surprised would you?! That would be lovely. I spent much of the weekend so far decorating the living room (not much, just a fresh coat of paint and some new knick-knacks, but it looks quite nice, n'est pas?) and getting Darren a "princess" chocolate easter egg to butch up his easter sunday tomorrow. So yes, happy easter "y'all" if that's your thing, though it will possibly be forever remembered as the weekend the new Doctor Who premiered...

  • Mini Viva ~ One Touch: I may be the only person in the entire universe who preferred the original title of Do You Want A Candy! This makes absolutely no difference to the song at all. Although it's my least favourite of their three releases so far, it's still a positively stonking pop tune and part of me is just quite glad that they are still being given a chance at chart success after the inexplicable disaster (chart position-wise) that was the elegant & lovely I Wish. Wonder whether Alex Gardner will get the same bite of the cherry?
  • Alex Gardner ~ One Shot: It seems that I'm Not Mad will not be troubling the upper echelons of the top 40 this coming Sunday. It's a bit of a shame really, as the song is quite pleasant if less mind-blowing each time I hear it. Still there is better on his album sampler and this week as part of his seemingly non stop nipple bearing publicity campaign, he whipped out (a nipple) a cover of JLS' One Shot in some nice garden somewhere. It's a bit faithful for more liking - would've preferred a more reigned in acoustic version, but still on the better than most level.
  • Christina Aguilera ~ Not Myself Tonight: Let's bypass that hideous single artwork and get straight to the music shall we?! It took me a little while to become even remotely attached to this song, and I'm quite a big fan of Christina. I just couldn't remember a chorus after multiple listens which is never good. It's not a world changing track, but it's a fun club banger and once you "get it", it's actually quite a good comeback single choice for Christina. Looking forward to the video...
  • Alanis Morrisette ~ I Remain: I've always quite liked Alanis. A lot. And i've always quite liked her contributions to movie soundtracks. Uninvited? Lovely. Still? Quite epic. Even that one from the Narnia movies was fairly decent. I Remain is taken from Prince of Persia and is a tune so evocative of incense that it practically pervades from your speakers as you listen. Firmly rooted in eastern influences, the more I listen the more I like... It's actually quite pretty, but obviously not as pretty as Jake Gyllenhall and his buffed up body :)

Top 21 Songs of the Week:

21 ~ Marina & The Diamonds, Hollywood
20 ~ Simon Curtis, Diablo
19 ~ Mika, Rain
18 ~ Donkeyboy, Ambitions
17 ~ Mariah Carey, 100% (NE/VID)
16 ~ Diana Vickers, Once
15 ~ Alex Garnder, I'm Not Mad
14 ~ The Candle Thieves, We're All Gonna Die
13 ~ Music Go Music, Light of Love
12 ~ Sergey Lazarev, Alarm
11 ~ Magnus Carlsson, A Little Respect
10 ~ Elouise, Fireman of my Dreams
09 ~ Bjorn Johan Muri, Yes Man
08 ~ Ola, Unstoppable
07 ~ Darin, You're Out Of My Life
06 ~ Alcazar, Headlines
05 ~ Neo, Human Frontier
04 ~ The Pipettes, Stop The Music
03 ~ Simon Curtis, Super Psycho Love
02 ~ Gabriella Cilmi, On A Mission
01 ~ Sophie Ellis Bextor, Bittersweet (3 weeks)

Back on Easter Monday with What Happened to 2004 part 2; Sergey (and Quentin & Christophe) album review on Tues (if I can get past the vocoder!!)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY