Monday, April 12, 2010

You know I'm just a bit depressed about musical matters just now...and the other day I was thinking about how musical careers of some longevity are often reduced to one or two songs repeated ad infinitum on the increasingly unimaginative radio playlists in this country. Take David Bowie for instance. When was the last time you heard "Life On Mars" or "Starman" or "Jean Genie" on the radio? David Bowie's career as an innovative musical icon has, for the purposes of radio airplay, been reduced to two songs - "Let's Dance" and "Modern Love" - neither of which I'd number among his classics.

Anyway what all this is leading to is a fabulous post written by Kippers at the always-wonderful blog named Too Much Apple Pie. I think this post totally articulates my feelings much better than I ever could, about the ubiquity of certain songs on radio playlists...you have to read this, because it matters. http://toomuchapplepie.blogspot.com/2010/04/three-of-kind-103.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY