Monday, September 28, 2009

If I were to be a popstar (I wouldn't ever be - it's not something I particularly want to be; I can carry a tune but frankly I'd only get one yes at an X Factor audition and only then because I outrageously flirted with Louis) starting out in this crazy business of show, I think I'd want to be a bit like The DollyRockers. I don't mean a girl in a crazy frock, no not at all you silly sausages. I mean just that if I had not made the X Factor finals, I'd like to step back, re-evaluate and then carry on with a brand new attitude. Which frankly is a bit of fresh air after all the 17 year olds on the show stating how this will be it for them if they don't make it through. The Dollies are proof that there is life after the X Factor - no matter how uphill a struggle that life is.

I was ever so smitten with the tune that more or less introduced the popjustice lovers of the world to the Dolly Rockers - Je Suis Un Dolly. It was fun, quirky, a little bit novelty, a little bit rebellious and with a viral video that most groups when spend a fortune on to get the same wickedly enjoyable impact. I was ever so slightly bamboozled by the fact that the similar but not quite as good Gold Digger was their first single proper - it was very similar to Je Suis, yet didn't quite have the same magic for me. Still, pop from The Dolly Rockers is still massively enjoyable and luckily they have a second shot at the fame game with the ridiculously catchy Boys Will Be Boys. It's ever so slightly reminiscent of Brooke Valentine's I Want you Dead and pogos along to a dynamite chorus, encapsulates a bit of Girls Aloud (the middle eight vaguely reminds me of Models) and yet still retains all the who gives a shit charm that you have come to expect from the girls (lines about trust fund bitches make me want to jump up and down with glee). So getting the chance to ask them a few questions was a chance not to be missed...

The burning question I have to start with is - Gold Digger: why on earth was this not a massive top ten success?!
We would love to know!! No, we kind of always knew it would be a struggle as even though we are a girl band, we have the background of a indie band. Everything has been done from scratch and nothing was ever going to happen for us over night. We weren’t put together by a label who already had a huge tour waiting for us to support on or had our album finished before we were together so were still growing the Dolly Rockers brand and it just wasn’t strong enough when we released our single. We didn’t have radio backing and we didn’t have a tour to go on so in a way it was like no one really knew about it for it to have a chance for people to like or not like the song.

How will Boys Will Be Boys redress the balance?
We’re very lucky it wasn’t all riding on the first single and we have a chance to release a second, we know now that we just need to create more awareness about us with the second single and obviously the most important thing, an amazing song. Boys will be boys isn’t 100% yet but what ever it is needs to be a smash!

To raise more awareness you're doing a campaign with KangaROOS shoes. What's happening with that?
It's sort of Bebo's Got Talent - basically we are launching a talent search where girls can record themselves dancing to Gold Digger and upload it to the My Kangeroos Bebo page. Each week one video entry will be selected to go through to the final and get the chance to be the "KangaROOS - How Do You Rock Your Roos Dance Champion 2009"! And of course they will win a day with us, a makeover and loads of goodies...

Oh sounds brillo except it's only for girls so I can't enter. Curses. I got some nifty moves too :( Oh well - I bet the girls are rocking their Roos for you from all over!
We’ve actually had a few videos of these amazing girls KEG doing ‘je suis’ style videos they are very fun to watch - definitely check out the Bebo page to see what's coming in on a week to week basis! But hurry if you want to enter :)

I'll put the word out! Ok, back to Gold Digger ~ if it wins an award and Kanye West runs on screaming "I'm sorry girls but my Gold Digga is the best Gold Digga/Digger song ever", will he live to autotune another day?!
What do you think!! Ha ha I love how Taylor swift was so composed and didn’t say a word that suits her but if he did that to us....bladdy el! Can u imagine He'll see my backhand!

Feisty! I'm a little bit scared of you already :P Ok, BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge - you SO need to do this. Little Boots did Beat Again, JLS did The Fear; what song would you cover (I'm seeing you doing a brillo version of Love Game by Lady Gaga!)
I actually would love to cover the new Arctic Monkeys song or maybe a Jamie T song could be interesting!!

You should do that anyway. It could be a youtube smash. No one did anything like that on the X Factor this year. Talking of which, the X Factor live auditions - brilliant new reinvention or epic fail and rip off of Britain's Got Talent format?
I actually really don’t like the new audition format its very cringe. I used to love the editing of the x factor I thought it had a very dry British sense of humour to it, which, shows like American Idol and Britain’s got talent didn’t. That’s why I could never watch them.

Why didn't you return to The X Factor like Ricky with the scary eyebrows from last Saturday's show? Everyone is on about this poor kids eyebrows I didn’t actually notice them! I don’t think X-Factor is for us anymore, we couldn’t go on anyway because we have a record deal but were we wouldn’t be able to stand up there singing someone else’s songs being styled by someone else - it wouldn’t be us at all.

Very wise. I think you have your own little niche carved out now :) Ok, I'm gonna leave you be now but lastly - fashion tips please. As an "aging" gentleman (ie, i look on my twenties as my youth!) which KangaROOS should I wear on Saturday night with the classic jeans, shirt/tie and waistcoat look?!
Definitely the shiny gold ones!!

Thanks for the advice girls. And there you have it. Dolly Rockers, KangaROOS, and shiny gold shoes. I'm off shopping :) Come back tomorrow for the latest Fizzypop Chronicles playlist :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY