Tuesday, October 31, 2006

It's well known to regular readers of my blog (and if you are not reading regularly, then why not?!) that Wicked by Gregory Maguire is my favourite book of all time, and that i recently got to go and see Wicked The Musical in London (finally - it was killing me knowing that it was playing in NYC all these years...) So imagine my delight when, during last years trip to LA, I stumbled upon the sequel which had just been released. I was scared it would sully my love for Wicked by being a cheap for the money only follow up, but it continues the story beautifully and opens new mysteries as well as solving some lingering questions from Wicked. I am so hoping it is the middle of a trilogy of Wicked books. The thing I love about Gregory Maguire books is that there is so much detail and visualisation on every single page that it takes ages to read. And rereading them is a must to pick up on new things - much like Harry Potter. Needless to say I was loving myself sick reading this book.
.
My favourite part ~ when Liir and Trism have their own brokeback mountain romance that is dashed apart by the respective responsibilities and they don't even get chance to say goodbye...
.
"Liir looked at Trism. As much as could pass between them in a look without words, passed: and another moment of possibility crashed and burned"
.
MP3: As Long As You're Mine - from Wicked (piano solo)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY