Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Last night, i kicked off my festive movie a little too early with my favourite film of all time - Love, Actually. There are many many reasons why i love this film. People may argue it's not realistic. It's a romanticised version of England. Too many coincidences. A little cloying. I don't care. I love it in spite of and indeed, because of all those reasons. It just warms my heart everytime I watch and reels me in emotionally. So i won't hear a bad word said against it ;) It's the only film that makes me want to watch it all over again as soon as its finished. If i am not emotional by 44 minutes when Keira Knightly realises from watching the wedding video that her husbands best friend is in love with her then I am a cold cold fish. Here are some of my sob moments that get me every time:

.
~ when emma thompson opens her christmas gift expecting a necklace and getting a Joni Mitchell cd, and realises her husband is cheating on her. The cad. She goes into the bedroom for a cry and then comes out to be strong for her family. Heart is cracking all up the middle.
~ when the hot french stud wants to say so much to the girl in his office who he nearly copped off with but she has to support her brother who is ill, so he just says merry christmas and she cries after he has left. heart now splitting in two.
~ when andrew lincoln knocks on keira knightlys door and tells her via flash cards that "because its christmas - and you tell the truth at christmas - i want to tell you without hope or agenda that my foolish heart will love you til the day i die" and he walks off and she gives him a little peck, and he says to himself. Ok enough. enogh now. heart broken completely and me sobbing wreck on floor.
~ what may be the scenes two cheesiest yet emotionally involving scenes run concurrently and get me all giddy with joy - the little boy running through the airport to say goodbye to his girlfriend, and Colin Firth trying to propose in Portuguese are both just lovely. Face it, I'm an old softie at heart...
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY