Friday, May 1, 2009

God i've been a moody so and so the last few days (in public on the blog and in private with my poor friends at home). "Oh for f***s sake paul, cheer up droopy bollocks" was the sage advice of one person. I haven't quite snapped out of it yet (what the hell is wrong with me?!), but i'm trying to let it not affect others around me :) Plus lovely Darren took me shopping today for lots of spunky funky new clothes as an early birthday present (it's on Sunday, gift fans - musicians should feel free to send unreleased music my way. Yes PYMO that's you!!) and I'm off to Liverpool tomorrow with a bunch of pals for a weekend long celebration, so it's time to turn that frown upside down! So here is May's cd compilation i'm sending to my pals. It's already more cheerful than my maudlin April effort! Sorry everyone. Will do better soon...

TOP SONGS THAT SHOULD BE SINGLES - MAY 2009

01 - Take That, The Garden (Why? It's such an epic song that works well as a single to promote their live concerts. Because this will sound amazing live in a stadium. Can't wait to hear it. Not the crappy edit though!)
02 - Little Boots, New In Town (Why? I'm fully aboard the Little Boots express. The video is ever so slightly disappointing, but I am loving the song and this week it's glorious sing a long chorus has taken over my life. But not quite as much as this song...)
03 - Marina and The Diamonds, I Am Not A Robot (Why? It's ACHINGLY beautiful. Her voice is distinct and amazing. She seems effortlessly funny and cool at the same time. She definitely is the performer and I am happy to be a tiny little diamond for her. LOVE)
04 - Pixie Lott, Mama Do (Why? Well i'm actually a tiny bit bored of this right now, but I sense I will fall back in love with it again soon. She seems to have been around for ages but is only now releasing her first single. If you are tired of this, check out her cover of TT's Never Forget. Quite good)
05 - Simon Curtis, Lonely Love Song (Why? Because it's the last Simon/Victoria song i can exploit from Spectacular. And because Simon is on Hannah Montana this very Sunday. I like to think it was his personal birthday present to me. But i've always been a bit deluded! The song is brilliant, catchy Britannia High'esque type pop. Bring Spectack to the UK already!)
06 - Same Difference, All Roads Lead To Heaven (Why? They may have been unceremoniously dropped, but i have their big Portsmouth concert coming up and this is still, 6 months on, a delightful bit of polished pop that makes my morning exercise routine kick in with a sleek beat)
07 - BeFour, Ding A Dong (Why? Heavens, it's a cheesy as it comes, but hey you know what? Singing ding ding a dong does indeed pick you up if you are feeling a bit down. It's dangerous though - once the high wears off, you have to play it again or experience the plummeting lows :P Approach with caution!)
08 - Alesha Dixon, I Get Excited (Why? I don't care if you aren't convinced by popstar Alesha. I am. She rocks. This song is ace - the pure pop beats. The Madonna reference. The video with brillo dance routine. Everything works)
09 - Kelly Clarkson, I Do Not Hook Up (Why? Even though i do think Kelly hooks up and it was written by evil harlot, it's quite a catchy tune even if i do experience hot'n'cold type levels of guilt when i take in it's infuriatingly singalong chorus.)
10 - Neo, Flower Power Super Girl (Why? February's entry from Neo was only a intro to his voice and style. This gives you the real Neo - someone who can churn out top notch pop with a quirky tang to it which just makes it all the more compulsive)
11 - Annie, Anthonio (Why? Um, because it's sheer brilliance that's why. It's what Annie should have returned with instead of I Know Your Girlfriend Hates Me. Silly Annie. And have you heard the b-side? Immense)
12 - Infernal, Redefinition (Why? It's Infernal. I really shouldn't have to say anymore. This song could totally relaunch them in Britain. It's incredible. Danceable, yet works well enough as tasty nugget of pure pop. Totally mismanaged here. Unforgiveable!)
13 - Candy Coated Chaos, Taking Over The World Tonight (Why? It's finally on Amazon and there is never a bad time to celebrate the ace britney-pop stylings of my fave US girl group. This one could totally launch them in the UK too. I bet they would look adorably cute in a video for it)
14 - Vanessa Amorosi, My House (Why? Because after a couple of beautiful mid-tempo tunes VanAm is back getting her funk on. As she should. Absolutely Everyone was ages ago. And the faster songs since then haven't been ace, so a welcome return to form.)
15 - Little Jackie, I Liked You Better (Why? Loyalty really. I think Little Jackie could easily have 3-4 top ten hits over here had her album been properly marketed and had some decent live shows to support it. I'll just pretend it did)
16 - Darin, What If (Why? What If i didn't put this single on the list? I would feel proper chagrinned at my oversight. It's nice to see Darin slow it down every now and then, and although Roadtrip is far superior, i'll take ballady Darin where I can get him)
17 - Taylor Swift, Teardrops On My Guitar (Why? Well the key change in Love Story still makes me happy so i'll give her second UK single a whirl. It's no Love Story but it's way better than some of the dirge Faith Hill came out with after the success of This Kiss. Oh and it has Tyler Hilton in it. Pleasing)
18 - Metro Station, 17 Forever (Why? Tragically I am 35 on Sunday which is like really old when you are 17 so I am listening to lots of songs like this. And it's not entirely rubbish to be fair. It's not Seventeen by Let Loose though is it?)
19 - Jonas Bros, Shelf (Why? Though there is a new JB single just around the corner, this has always been a fave of mine from the album so i'm getting it on here while I can. I'd quite like Simon Curtis to sing this if he were ever on Idol. Ooo coming soon, what would be popstars would sing if they were on The X Factor...)
20 - Click Five, I Quit I Quit I Quit (Why? It's not quite debut album Click Five brilliance but it's good enough and utterly singalong. Plus i'm into a bit of guitar pop after seeing McFly t'other week. And the movie Taking Five is on ABCFamily this very Sunday. I feel it's another personal gift to me. Just like the debut of the Jonaseseses new tv show. And a new Desperate Housewives and BroSis! Aces. All for me :P)
21 - Green Day, Know Your Enemy (Why? I do know my enemy. He's one of those smug, always pleased with themselves when they have no reason to be insufferable bores who thinks the world needs to know about every minor dull accomplishment. Oh and this song is classic Green Day :P)

Back sun with TV catch up spesh. Enjoy the weekend everyone. Other chronicles here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY