Saturday, September 6, 2008

With the type of industry I work in, it's very typical that you cram all the stuff you need to do before a week off into that preceeding week and come back to double the work the week after. Did that even make sense? It's been a busy tough week, got down to the final six for a contract in Waltham Forest that is very exciting and innovative way of providing care to people (don't yawn, come back, i'm nearly done!) and it went *shiteous* to quote XO :( Still back there in a week or so, so possibly be able to gain some bonus points!! Anyway, another mad busy work week coming up so here's what's hot (or not) in pop right now...

  • The new X-Factor has started and I am STILL awaiting a genius and potentially pop saving album from super nice duo Same Difference. Peter of Popjustice has heard some tunes and suggests the wait is worth it. Still, can't deny their work ethic. They are flogging their perky brand of pop up and down the country almost on a weekly basis
  • XO (and D'Luv) say that the new Jem album is boring :( I wouldn't say boring, though granted it's not particularly innovative or exciting enough for me to do a full review. I do like it though and remain a (slightly less) closeted Jem fan (not a patch on her excellent debut yet, though maybe it will grow on me. PYMO - your thoughts?!)
  • Christina is back! With a greatest hits! It's probably best to erase the mess that was Back To Basics though this is pretty much Christina by the numbers. Still it's got a nice electro-pop background and a kicky "someday i'm a superbitch" chorus that I quite like.
  • Up The Duffy has done a cover of Tainted Love on Jools Holland and despite my patience having waned severely recently for that type of 60s influenced music, I really like this heavy on the piano and horns version, so well done Miss Fashion Impaired of Wales 2008 :)
  • I am still enamoured by the Sugababes comeback single Girls, though according to Popjustice it's a bit of a red herring for the upcoming and possibly magnificent album. Click the previous link to read a few spoilers on how good it is...
  • ... though take with a pinch of your own salt. While I agree with the PJ hype over the new Annie album, many don't. Boo you whores :P But hey, I'm always on the backfoot when it comes to grasping what is adored and not. Robyn, Lady Gaga, Antigone? *Shrugs* Simon Curtis, Same Difference, Infernal? A-d-o-r-e!
  • And as if perfectly timed to destroy any cool factor I had (which was none, but that was probably what made me cool in the first place), the new Daniel Powter album is an exercise in perfectly crafted piano-pop and I'm a little bit obsessed. Expect a review very soon.
  • Finally, Big Brother 2008 is ovah! And about 3 weeks after it's due date if you ask me. Lovely supernice Rachel won. And promptly got anihilated by her bitter fellow housemates. It's a small small person who would deny someone their moment of glory. I've said it before and i'll say it again. Luke is a total cunt.
Right, I'm off to Justin and Paul's for a little soiree. Plus i want to show off my sexy new haircut. Aces. Back Monday with a review of the imminently released Will-W album in a little feature I like to call "Crazy For (Will Double) You". Trust me, that title is magnifique.

Top 21 Fizzypoppingpopsongs of the week:


21 ~ Jack McManus, You Think I Don't Care
20 ~ Jesse McCartney, It's Over
19 ~ Alphabeat, Boyfriend
18 ~ Jason Mraz, Make It Mine
17 ~ Sophie Ellis Bextor, Heartbreak Makes Me A Dancer
16 ~ Annie, I Can't Let Go (NE)
15 ~ Sugababes, Girls (NE) (Vid)
14 ~ Keane, Spiralling
13 ~ Little Jackie, The Whole World Should Revolve Around Me
12 ~ Daniel Powter, Next Plane Out
11 ~ McFly, Lies (NE)
10 ~ Bryn Christopher, The Quest
09 ~ Lily Allen, GWB
08 ~ Madonna, The Beat Goes On
07 ~ Pink, So What
06 ~ Infernal, Downtown Boys
05 ~ Miley Cyrus, 7 Things
04 ~ Regina Spektor, The Call
03 ~ William Young, Changes
02 ~ The Feeling, Join With Us
01 ~ Marit Larsen, If A Song Could Get Me You (1 week)
Previous number ones of 2008: The Feeling-I Thought It Was Over (4 weeks); David Jordan-Sun Goes Down (4 weeks); Jesse McCartney-Leaving (3 weeks); Madonna-4 Minutes (2 weeks); The Feeling-Without You (4 weeks); BWO-Lay Your Love On Me (3 weeks); Maroon 5 ft Rihanna-Never See Your Face Again (2 weeks); Kylie-The One (3 weeks); Lily Allen-GWB (2 weeks); Miley Cyrus - 7 Things (5 weeks); The Feeling - Join With Us (3 weeks)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY