Friday, August 8, 2008

I think I am still ill. Even though i have dragged my carcus into work, because I am so dedicated etc, etc. Perhaps my non drowsy allergy tablets have had a bit of a tiff with my tripping over a pig's head in the rain medication because currently I am floating off in lala land, talking to Yuri on google chat when I should be working and praying my head doesn't bang too hard on the desk when i inevitably get my passport stamped to the Land of Nod. Which has quite strict border controls, but is way lenient on the duty free. Woo hoo. ZZZZ, oh right. Anyway on with catching up with the world of Wicked.

  • It's been a good ten years since i first bought Gregory Maguire's epic Wicked novel. I still have my first edition copy, and very well thumbed (as they say in the Land of Nod) it has been too. So colour me green with delight that there is now a THIRD volume in the chronicles following on from the enchanting Son Of A Witch. I think it's fairly safe to assume that it focuses on the cowardly Lion and what he has done since Elphaba set him free at Shiz University. Ah dear old Shizzzzzzzzzzzz. Trust me, if you have seen the musical, that last sentence was hilarious. So though not much has been released in the way of plot information, I suspect that Mr Gregory will be flying high with his third Oz related release and I am looking forward to this way more than Brisingr and even Tales of Beedle the Bard.
  • Talking of Defying Gravity, Kerry Ellis (who currently plays Elphaba in Wicked The Musical) has followed in the footsteps of the lovely Oliver "Fiyero" Tompsett and released some of her vocal warblings on cd for the public. Her Brian May produced version of Defying Gravity adds an electric intensity to the track that Idina's glossed up dance version on her latest album seemed to lose. You can only buy it at dress circle in the UK, but if you are a fan of the musical or just fancy a jolly good air guitar thrashing version of it, then it is an absolute must have. As Ned Flanders might say, it's spine ting - diddily- ingling!
  • Woohoo! Wicked has finally open in, well, oz. It broke records in Melbourne on it's opening night and that's quite an achievement for the country that gave us the guilty pleasure stage version of Dirty Dancing and frankly can't-arrive-in-England fast enough Priscilla - Queen of the Desert musical. I'll let Mike Poptrashaddicts off for not being there as a) he is in London hiding from monsters :P and b) it doesn't star Dannii Minogue or Olivia Neutron Bomb's daughter :) But Adem! You have no excuse!! Oh I so need to fly over and just see this again...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY