Friday, August 22, 2008

It's Friday. It's a holiday weekend. Its all about Madonna and Austria this weekend, and a lovely week in the Tyrol with some ace new togs from As Seen On Stars (always brillopad). I've worked my ass off at work to get things ready for the week I won't be there because no other bugger will do it for me while i'm off, so I'm very ready for my cultured week of european, um, culture! My mp3 player is positively bursting with fabbo new pop. Let's take a little looksie shall we?


  • Before this morning I was only vaguely aware of Marit Larsen. I thought perhaps she was a cartoonist. Apparently not. She was in some girl group and now is a purveyor of possibly the finest new tune I've heard this week. Thanks to XO i;ve been humming If A Song Could Get Me You all day. It's a refreshingly breezy acoustic pop tune with some GORGEOUS piano that could easily been one of those world wide smashes that unfortunately Colbie whatsit is having with Bubbly (only this is worthwhile!)
  • Woohoo! Same Difference are number one on the popjustice almighty, and their XFactor video of I Don't Feel Like Dancing keeps popping up on my mp3 player. There are a number of video diaries on their webpage and mostly are delightful. Lovely Sean really needs to stop saying Baby though. Swingers was bloody years ago. Single out 17th November, album a week later!! WOOHOO!
  • Miley Cyrus is also coarsing through the pop blogs. Newly engaged PopMuse is having weird dreams about her; Alien Hits loved Girls Just Wanna Have Fun and Popjustice (again!) bloody love See You Again, but quite rightly hate the cover. Pity the Australians though, who - according to gorgeous blog AusPop - only get one track on the 7 Things cd single. Good thing it's an amazing track. Shah!
  • I got the following text from Ruthiepoos this week "If you have had a crap day at work, and are driving to work the day after, I prescribe The Feeling's Join With Us. Sing loudly to the ring ring beep beep uh huh, and then air guitar like mad to the Phantom Of The Opera instrumental bit" I did. It worked.
  • The album track climbed to number 8 on the only chart that counts (mine) earlier in the year, and now slutty Adam Levine has released a video (above) for the single! It's not what I would've chosen for a 5th single, but it's Maroon 5 and he does look lovely...
  • mr D of Luv practically creamed his silk panties over the front cover of this week's NME. B-Flo does look quite dapper sans facial pubes. Us lapsed mormons are totally hot though. I am enjoying the second album lots this week actually... and the third promises to be poptastic!
  • I feel that thanks to Fabtastic I will soon be enjoying the unholy trinity of pop (that's a compliment) Apparently album by Will-W is oozing with pop goodness and I've been quite happy with Lady Gaga, though I still think she totally borrowed her style from Wynter Gordon (whatever happened to her happening>) and isn't the second coming of pop after all. What IS amazing is the Ladyhawke album - stunning. I was going to review Lady Gaga before I went, but Adem and Aaron (who most reflects my views) have done a bonza job of it all, and I'm hoping Adem will review Ladyhawke while i'm gone :)

Finally, there were a lot of lovely comments for this post, and XO has a rather brillo post here that you should read and I spent almost as long on my comment as I did on this blog. If you are watching the Big Brother Live Eviction, why the fuss is Davina wearing a black smock that makes her look like Elphaba in Defying Gravity?

Top 21 Tracks of my Tears:



21 ~ McFly, One For The Radio
20 ~ Madonna, Give It 2 Me
19 ~ Alphabeat, Boyfriend
18 ~ Kylie, The One
17 ~ BWO, Bells of Freedom
16 ~ Jack McManus, You Think I Don't Care
15 ~ Keane, Spiralling
14 ~ Daniel Powter, Next Plane Home
13 ~ Madonna, The Beat Goes On
12 ~ Jesse McCartney, It's Over
11 ~ Sophie Ellis Bextor, Heartbreak Makes Me A Dancer
10 ~ Pink, So What
09 ~ Marit Larsen, If A Song Could Get Me You (NE)
08 ~ Little Jackie, The Whole World Should Revolve Around Me
07 ~ Lily Allen, GWB
06 ~ Infernal, Downtown Boys
05 ~ Bryn Christopher, The Quest
04 ~ Regina Spektor, The Call
03 ~ Will Young, Changes
02 ~ Miley Cyrus, 7 Things
01 ~ The Feeling, Join With Us (2 weeks)

Madonna week monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY