Monday, August 18, 2008

Oh dear God. Katy Perry's mom has kicked off about how appalling I Kissed A Girl is because it promotes the "sin" of homosexuality. While I'm not going to get into the theology of it all, is it not bad enough we have one Perry thrust upon the world without her mother muscling in with her vile hate spewing rhetoric? Tragically there are people like this in the world who I have managed to avoid most my life, but did have the misfortune of meeting once. At summer camp in 1997 in USA i met this guy and we became really really close friends. He lived in New York, me in England and yet we flew back and forth 4-5 times a year to spend time together. It wasn't romantic in any way, we just became amazing friends. He knew I was gay, and as I got closer and closer to his family, I assumed they knew too, although i never directly discussed it with them. When I got cancer, and it was looking fairly grim, I travelled over to the states where his dad (a doctor) managed to get me some fairly radical treatment and i still believe it was because of that, I survived the worst 2 years of my life. However, when they did find out I was gay, I was "banished" from their family (they actually used that word) and told that i had mocked God by surviving cancer and that it would have been better if I had died. Lovely. Then they proceeded to pray over me. Good grief. My friend didn't even make any attempt to defend me, and we haven't spoken since :( It was literally heartbreaking. So thanks Mrs Perry for reminding me of such an awful experience; and for your daughter for giving your crap a wider forum than it ever deserves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY