Friday, December 4, 2009


I'm still dangerously obsessed with Diablo by Simon Curtis, so I just thought I'd get that out of the way straight up. It's become my Fame Monster! Time to move onto more festive fare. Aren't Christmas lights pretty? Not particularly energy efficient or environmentally friendly (LED people!) but very pretty all the same. I'm going to have an early night tonight and curl up in bed watching the movie discussed below and frankly I can't wait. Here's today's advent calendar!!

CHRISTMAS FUTURE:

I often associate Christmas with sitting around the ol' joanna and having a rollicking good old sing song with friends and family. So after months of impatient waiting, I'm delighted that the ever so charming Julian Velard has finally released his very enjoyable album The Planeteer onto the world. His expertise with knocking out a joyous melody on a keyboard is on a level with Billy Joel and Elton John (let's face it, he bangs those piano keys with the enthusiasm of a fat businessman with only 10 minutes left with his out of town call girl appointment!)is only matched by his ability to craft a wonderfully catchy pop tune. The album contains brilliant tracks like Feels Like Love Again For The First Time (an ode to that wonderfully optimistic feeling one gets when finding someone ace after a heartbreak), Jimmy Dean and Steve McQueen (a particularly strong and enjoyable singalong entry) and new versions of his classic tracks like Joni and Little Demons showcase his penchant for witty, wry lyrics that never fail to strike a chord. A sterling full length set then from Mr Velard, and I sort of wish I was round his for Christmas for a good ol' knees up :) (Not least because not on the album, but above is his aces cover of Last Christmas!)

CHRISTMAS PRESENT:

Bloody hell, D'luv has fallen in love a bit with this song hasn't he? And one can see why! Aqua's Spin Me Your Christmas is a discotastic bit of aural mince pie that will light up anyone's Christmas tree. It's just feel good pop that happens to have a rather europop seasonal twist to it. And someone's been at the myhrr because it's a proper colourful cavalcade of christmas couture in the video! Love the line "look out for red and white santa on the soda machine, if not for coca cola he would have been green!" So very true (google it christmas santa fans!) Do approach the video with caution and sunglasses though - their teeth are brighter than the new fallen snow when the sun hits it in the early morning. My retinas were severely damaged, but it was oh so worth it!!

CHRISTMAS PAST:

Ah, it was only a year ago that the lovely Lenka gave us The Show and the immortal singalong concert line "i want my money back" (which I always got a bit confused with that Ben Folds Five song where he sings "give me money back, you bitch" - so you can see why I got some glares at her concerts!!) Any"hoo", she whipped out the most cute and lovely little festive number last year (All My Bells Are Ringing), and there is absolutely no reason why it shouldn't be revisted right now - especially if you want another look at the adorable video that goes with it. So yes indeed, take my heart this christmas just wrap it in a ribbon and a bow. Love at Christmas always works for me :) I think you'll find that love, actually is all around :P

CHRISTMAS MOVIE:

There is nothing more magical than a festive film that makes you believe again. Miracle on 34th Street does just that. Sure the remake is as treacley as toffee, but it has warmth, magic and goodness baked right into the production values as it tackles the more cynical in the world who refuse to accept the miracles of the season. So every year, I wrap myself in a nice warm duvet, put a steaming mug of warm cocoa on the nightstand and become an absolute cliche as I sniffle and emote my way through the film. Gosh though I get so warm and fuzzy inside when the world supports Santa. FIZZYPOP BELIEVES!!!

TOP 21 SONGS OF THE WEEK:

21 ~ Whitney Houston, I Look To You (NE)
20 ~ The Killers, A White Demon Love Song
19 ~ Little Boots, Earthquake
18 ~ The Saturdays, Ego (NE)
17 ~ Madonna, Revolver
16 ~ Blake Lewis, Heartbreak On Vinyl
15 ~ Mika, Blame It On The Girls
14 ~ Backstreet Boys, Bigger
13 ~ William Young, Hopes and Fears
12 ~ Agnes, Love Love Love
11 ~ Leona Lewis, Stop Crying Your Heart Out (LIVE VID)
10 ~ JLS, Close To You
09 ~ Darin, Viva La Vida
08 ~ BWO, Kings of Tomorrow
07 ~ Simon Curtis, Diablo (NE)
06 ~ Mini Viva, I Wish
05 ~ Simon Curtis, Delusional
04 ~ Alcazar, Thank You
03 ~ Mans Zelmerlow, A Stranger Saved My Life
02 ~ Robbie Williams, You Know Me
01 ~ Pet Shop Boys, It Doesn't Often Snow At Christmas 2009 (3 weeks)


Back on Sunday with an x factor mammoth advent calendar special, all the feedback on Saturday's show, and this week's REAL x-factor, Elouise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY