Saturday, August 1, 2009

EDIT: ENOUGH WALLOWING! Time to pick oneself up and make the most of things :)
Life is still a bit something kinda poo. I can't really say much about it, but the threat of redundancy looms large at work - it's incredibly sad. I bitch and moan about the hours sometimes, but I do genuinely love my job. Amidst all this uncertainty, something sort of brilliant happened this week. And that's when I learnt the phrase "cognitive dissonance" which is basically a fancy way of saying "good things happen but then life chops you in the jaw" :( A really, really great opportunity presented itself to me this week, something I only dreamed could happen. It plopped itself right in my lap, tempted me for a few minutes (days) and made me think "oh god, maybe this could actually be something utterly fantastic". That is part one of cognitive dissonance - when you see something/someone/an opportunity in it's most ideal form and emotionally attach to that. Part two is when reality hits, and I actually realised that I'm 95% sure that for a whole host of reasons (and most annoying - a situation created last year that I'm stuck with for a while :/ ) I have to let this opportunity slip through my fingers. And trust me when I say it's an amazing, creative, innovative opportunity :( So, while I desperately try and see whether it can work, the rest of me remains everso heartbroken that in reality it probably won't. And yes, all that is a bit cryptic and yes, I realise i'm probably a big ninny for getting so upset (no-one's died, darren and I haven't split up, etc and there are other people out there experiencing much worse things in life) but I'm finding it incredibly sad :( Still, only 7 days til Austria. So no round up of the week this week - just a big of cheerful Same Difference to make me feel a little bit better...

TOP 21 SONGS OF THE WEEK:

Hurrah for cute as a button Same Diff fan Robbie Gaffney for inventing Same Difference Day. The record label may have cruelly shunned them, but even with my cognitive dissonance (!) I'm still loving the SD duo on a regular basis. Check out the clip of Sarah buying her new car above (they cruelly ignored my twittered suggestion of a Fiat 500. I feel rebuffed!) and marvel at how amazing Sean's hair looks. Then go and play the brillo clip of This Is The Night on their bebo page again, and blast the "should-be-dominating-the-summer-charts" magic of Better Love Me. Brillopad.

21 ~ Mans Zelmerlow, Home
20 ~ Bananarama, Love Comes (NE/Official Vid Link)
19 ~ Backstreet Boys, Soldier Down (NE)
18 ~ Erik Hassle, Don't Bring Flowers
17 ~ Dolly Rockers, Je Suis Un Dolly
16 ~ Marina & The Diamonds, Obsessions
15 ~ Jason Mraz, Try Try Try
14 ~ Ola, Sky's The Limit
13 ~ Same Difference, Better Love Me (NE/TOP VID)
12 ~ Blake Lewis, Sad Song
11 ~ Lily Allen, 22
10 ~ Mr Hudson, Supernova
09 ~ Sugababes, Get Sexy (VID)
08 ~ Elouise, One Night Only
07 ~ "Abba", Second Best To None
06 ~ JLS, Beat Again
05 ~ Benny Andersson Band, Story Of A Heart
04 ~ Preston, Dressed To Kill
03 ~ Little Boots, Remedy
02 ~ Mika, We Are Golden
01 ~ Madonna, Celebration (NE/1 WEEK)
Previous number ones of 2009: Benny Andersson Band, Story (7 weeks); "Abba", Second Best (4 weeks); Marina ~ Robot (2 weeks); Mans Zelmerlow, Hope (4 weeks); BWO, Alone (4 weeks); PSB, Love etc (1 week); Sugababes, Every Heart Broken (4 weeks); Simon Curtis, On The Wings (4 weeks)

My friday faves post will "air" sometime in the week as well as some new (now old!) vids of upcoming acts latests... Sorry I'm such a grumpy bugger :/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY