Sunday, August 16, 2009

Ah Austria was lovely and relaxing (only the Archos broke on day 2 so I was not only bereft of internet - strangely intoxicating - but also no music!! Good grief!) - I've decided not to bore you with all the details, but to re-open the holiday diaries blog I used to do as part of thezapping. Check it out here! (all holiday snaps here!) Hope you've all had a positively super week - here's what caught my eye when I returned yesterday...

BEST OF THE WEEK:


  • Hamazing. I go away for a week, and fully expect to come back looking lovely and relaxed (I don't). Not to worry though because the increasingly enchanting Elouise has gone and had a full makeover that befits her image as a rising star to watch. Looking quite elegant, she still manages to be absolutely humble looking, rather than that haughty look some people get when they get a full makeover. And thank god she avoided the "pout" look - no one likes to look at someone looking like they are trying to seduce a fish. Even higher on the Elouise Marvelous scale is a free outdoor concert in Central Park in East London on Sat September 5th. Darren and I are definitely going with lots of friends (see what I did there? Friends? Central Park?! Brilliant) so come along for a fizzydontstopthepop day out :P
  • The Daniel Radcliffe covered Youth issue of Attitude was a delight from start to finish. The 100 tips on coming out? Lovely. Daniel Radcliffe? Ever so charming. Young couple Jonathan and Joe? Adorable. David Hayes doing Dublin Pride? Brillo. Glad I saved it to read on holiday - it was like a little hug. Surely though, they must have interviewed every London DJ and club night by now in the club section? Only the drecks left? Sorry if you are next months...:/
  • You can sort of tell what acts are doing the promo rounds just by reading the blogs... Barely reworded press releases pop up and are very easy to spot. Nothing wrong with that, if that's what your blog is about. Take the discotastic Shena (who I discovered through poptrashaddicts anyway) - her album and new single got sent to me this week and are both very good indeed and popped up on a number of blogs. One that of course managed to inject their own style and enthusiasm into their write up was Mike. He basically said what I wanted to say, only much better so read it here!
  • I was missing some of my fave acts this week and wondered if anyone knows if they will ever release music again? The Pipettes seem to have had more line up changes than the Sugababes, yet a release schedule slower than Kate Bush. Louis Walsh seems intent on ruining Shayne Ward's career (officially the poor lad has had 5 singles (including that double A) and 2 albums? Ridick) with more delays. Where on earth have The Magic Numbers gone? Summer is the perfect time for them to release more music! I know it's not long since McFly released their fourth studio set but they need to come back with something amazing and soon. And Simon Curtis - I could just weep with despair that Alter Boy or something new isn't in the shops 3 and a bit years on :/ Thank god Westlife are back (seriously - I am confident in my musical tastes that I can say that without a hint of irony!)
  • Finally, I have sort of re-fallen in love with Susannah Hoffs of the Bangles fame. Her 1991 album "When You're A Boy" was entirely brilliant. I just loved My Side of The Bed and should've been as big as Eternal Flame, Unconditional Love. Paved the way for lovely lady singers of today like Lenka and Marit Larsen. Check it out if you don't already own it :P Oh and more on Susannah later this week (or possibly next depending on how busy work is!)

TOP 21 SONGS OF WEEK:

Considering the beloved Archos broke, it's a miracle there's any change in the charts at all. But the Erik Hassle/MPHO duet version of ...Flowers has reignited my love of that track and sent it back up the charts, as has a symphony version of Mr Hudson (which has already been top ten and now climbs back up). Not much new stuff, but I do love both new entries quite a bit :) Only 2 weeks at number one for Maddy though. Happy Birthday luv.

21 ~ "Abba", Second Best To None
20 ~ Elouise, One Night Only
19 ~ Industry, Burn (NE)
18 ~ The Yeah You's, Get Up Without You (NE)
17 ~ Lily Allen, 22
16 ~ Mr Hudson, Supernova
15 ~ Ola, Sky's The Limit
14 ~ Whitney Houston, Million Dollar Bill
13 ~ Marina & The Diamonds, Obsessions
12 ~ Erik Hassle, Don't Bring Flowers
11 ~ Blake Lewis, Sad Songs
10 ~ JLS, Beat Again
09 ~ Bananarama, Love Comes
08 ~ BSB, Soldier Down
07 ~ Sugababes, Get Sexy
06 ~ Same Difference, Better Love Me
05 ~ Benny Andersson Band, Story Of A Heart
04 ~ Preston, Dressed To Kill (amazing acoustic vid)
03 ~ Little Boots, Remedy
02 ~ Madonna, Celebration
01 ~ Mika, We Are Golden (1 week)

Coming soon: The top 20 new acts of the millenium so far; 5 new albums you must own (that aren't my usual inner 15 year old loving pop brilliance :P) and some flashback posts on Robbie, Whitney and William of Young. Aces.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY