Sunday, April 19, 2009

Highlights from the week:

  • Darren and I spent the day at Alton Towers yesterday. It was full of people in tracksuits and lots of gold jewellry. And bad kissers. I know this because in the queue for Hex (rubbish) the couple behind stood so close to me that I could smell their breath (not great), see the saliva between their lips (nasty) and hear their slurping. I studied their technique intensely hoping it would make them uncomfortable (as I basically felt like the inevitable third wheel in a threesome) - it didn't. She was a rubbish, absolutely rubbish kisser. He possibly had potential if he didn't have such a crap partner. On the plus side Air, Rita and Pinball Wizard were all proper bonza.
  • The cds in the car on the way there and back were well decent. On the way there I rediscovered the brilliance of Alison Moyet (in particular Whispering Your Name - vid above. EPIC), Newton's Sometimes When We Touch (discotastic) and Hazel Dean's Whos Leaving Who (I don't think you ever find out). On the way back it was Kylie's Enjoy Yourself. I did.
  • Triple Hurrah! The final three episodes of whimsical delight (etc) Pushing Daisies have started airing on ITV in England. This week had so much to enjoy in it, I almost forgot the devastation of it's cancellation. Olive sings! There is a brilliant but brief Superman cape reference with visual. Caustic Emerson paraphrases Barbra Streisand. Gloves become incredibly romantic. It was all brilliant. Only two left :(
  • Double Hurrah! Not only has Jesse McCartney made it possible for one to make a very decent album indeed by picking the best tracks from Departure/Re:charged, but he is also quite good on the effortlessly likeable Greek which came back a couple of weeks ago. Best new tracks? Body Language and Crash & Burn. Trust me. Or poppostergirl :P
  • Hurrah! Harpers Island is here - and is basically a remake of (the best soap opera ever) Sunset Beach's Terror Island storyline. So it's rubbish but in a watchable way. When is Chris Gorman going to be the star he deserves to be? The guy is ALWAYS working!
  • I may have to re-evaluate my feelings toward Secret Life of An American Teenager....
  • I have broken up my obsession this weekend with Kings of Leon and Little Boots (big post on her coming soon) with the cheesy cheese on toast new song by BeFour. It's called Ding A Dong and the message is basically when life is a bit poo just sing Ding A Dong. I mocked this concept for about 3 seconds then fell in love with the song. It's ace in a crap way. I likes.
  • As I mentioned last week, Susan Boyle continues to be the big fave for Britain's Got Talent, up against a jolly nice fellow who played the sax this week (but does the world really need another Kenny G?). EPIC FAIL for blatently scripted contestant, a 12 year old boy from Wales who sang Valerie incredibly out of time, then "surprisingly" got another go and sang some Michael Jackson song flawlessly (apparently. Little shrieky for my liking). Talk about completely set up....(The Singing Souls were hilarious though)

TOP 21 SONGS OF THE WEEK:

21 - Kelly Clarkson, My Life Would Suck Without You
20 - Kelly Clarkson, I Do Not Hook Up (NE)
19 - Deborah Gibson, Already Gone
18 - Sugababes, Every Heart Broken
17 - McFly, Last Song
16 - Alesha Dixon, I Get Excited
15 - Annie, Anthonio
14 - Paolo Nutini, Candy
13 - Taylor Swift, Love Story
12 - Pet Shop Boys, Love Etc.
11 - Girls Aloud, Untouchable
10 - Kevin Borg, With Every Bit Of Me
09 - Lily Allen, Not Fair
08 - Take That, The Garden
07 - BWO, You're Not Alone
06 - Neo, Flower Power Super Girl
05 - Infernal, Redefinition (VID)
04 - Alcazar, Stay The Night
03 - Simon Curtis/Victoria Justice, Things We Do For Love
02 - Same Difference, All Roads Lead To Heaven
01 - Mans Zelmerlow, Hope and Glory (3 Weeks)

Coming this week: No idea. But Little Boots will be in there somewhere. And possibly Marina & The Diamonds...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY