Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Deborah Gibson:

Ah, what I wouldn't have given to be in Quebec this very weekend. One of those 80s nostalgia tours rolled into town and this one featured booby Sam Fox, brillo S/A/W popstar Rick Astley, mall queen Tiffany and of course my beloved Deborah Gibson. I would have actually sat through a burst of 80s hits from any of those perky popstars - Sam performed (among other hits)her saw-tastic version of I Only Wanna Be With You and Nothing's Gonna Stop Me Now; Rick got She Wants To Dance With Me, Never Gonna Give You Up and Whenever You Need Somebody (as well as the glorious post S/A/W Cry For Help); Tiffany did her staple of "girls aloud classic" I Think We're Alone Now, I Saw Him Standing There and lush ballad Could've Been (though i would have preferred the cornlicious I Always Thought I'd See You Again from the Jetsons, but oh well :P) and Deborah performed all 5 singles from her Out Of The Blue album along with Lost In Your Eyes and Electric Youth (Surely EY is ripe for cover/total reinterpretation by one of today's teen stars? Miley? Same Difference? Simon Curtis?! Dont let me down!!) Of course my main interest is in the Deborah performances - it was the first time she has performed her single Staying Together since the Out Of The Blue tour (i virtually made myself ill to enforce my mom to take me to London Astoria to see it in 1988. What a little shit i was back then :P) She also translated part of Foolish Beat into French which sounded quite lovely. And in a "on this day in history" moment, she played the piano for Tiffany while the latter sang Could've Been. Sigh. To top all of that off, all four performers did a joint performance encore of Together Forever by the Rickster. That song will just never die. And quite rightly so. I really should have flown over, but it's pricey and well, the Doctor Who special was on :P Hereis Tiffany and Deb sort of duetting from the night :) (All links are to performances from the night wherever possible)

Simon Curtis:

Meanwhile Simon Curtis has been enjoying his post Spectacular success by embracing all things twitter. He's keeping his thousand or so followers updated on his top secret auditions and teasing them tantalisingly with the promise of two brand new tracks he has recorded that are bound to be "da bomb" (or whatever it is the kids like to say to indicate that things are quite pleasing these days). On the plus side, his guest spot on Hannah Montanna airs on May 3rd (my birthday, date fans - it's the only reminder you are going to get so get posting those cards now :P) and there is an interview coming up (apparently) on the teentastic (and therefore daily necessity for me) Just Jared Jr. I'll link it as soon as it comes up. For the meantime, enjoy Simon singing something a bit out of his comfort zone above and prepare for the urge to watch episode after episode of the trashtacular One Tree Hill :)

PS - i am now on twitter. Not in a this blog is on twitter but more in a "ooo what did i have for breakfast sort of way". Thrilling. Feel perfectly free to entirely ignore :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY