Sunday, February 1, 2009

Oh my golly, what a week it has been. It's currently snowing outside. Gentle white snow washing away the annoying trials of a week gone by. Too much going on at work. Annoying stalling on my novel. Darren's operation wound becoming infected. Bad health news for my pops (though best prognosis for a bad situation for thankful for that). Let's see what the new week brings as I focus on nice happy pop music to get me through...

  • Sigh. The blogs love the Pet Shop Boys don't they? (And almost quite rightly so - bring on Love, Etc!) But in a very real debbie gibson vs tiffany sort of way, I've always loved Erasure just that little bit more. They have another (!) greatest hits collection coming, and this one is preceeded by a 2009 remix of one of my fave Erasure tracks of all time - Always. Plus the video has snowing in so it seagues nicely from my snowing intro doesn't it? Check in tuesday for a mega erasure post :)
  • Talking of Deborah Gibson, she has finally relaunched her website, which sees her FINALLY back in the studio recording new music with Collective Soul of all people. It's been far too long since MYOB and Coloured Lights were released so I am itching to hear new music from my fave female popstar.
  • ACE TOUR NEWS - now that I have finally fallen in love with Coldplay, the news of their tour with Girls Aloud supporting them is very welcome indeed. Add that to the Take That dates (and hopefully inevitable The Feeling summer dates) and it will be quite the summer of shows to remember. PLUS! I just saw that the newly-signed-to-Epic JLS are supporting Lemar on his tour, and there's a tiny new photo of them looking all swish on that advert in the music press. Also McFly are doing some ace outdoor dates which should be fun :)
  • ACE MAGAZINE COVERS - it's been a good month for pop stars being epic on magazine covers; and more importantly pop stars I like being on magazines I like. First off, with world domination in their sights, The Saturdays grace the front of FHM magazine; and of course Take That had four different covers for Attitude; the That also have an ace interview in Q Magazine, which features lovely Killer B-Flo with a grace jones do on the front. And I don't have it yet, but lovely Lily Allen has a salubrious headline on the front of this month's Gay Times. Sheesh.
  • The new Starsailor album is really quite something, and I have never really liked anything they have done in the past. Review coming soon. Maybe.
TOP 21 SONGS OF THE WEEK:

So I think I can finally and safely say that the song that has righteously and deservedly topped my charts for the past four weeks is of course Simon Curtis with his fourth fizzy number one (following Broken, Put Your Makeup On and Pop Messiah). Woohoo. And this week I've gotten ridiculously obsessed with Sugababes Every Heart Broken. Cannot just play it one. I feel things would've been a bit different if they had this as single number one. Stunning.

21 - JLS, Hallelujah
20 - Leona Lewis, Run
19 - Britannia High, Start of Something
18 - Same Difference, We R One
17 - Taylor Swift, Love Story (NE)
16 - Little Boots, Meddle
15 - Neo, You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
14 - Jason Mraz, Live High
13 - Leon Jackson, Creative
12 - Darin, See U In The Club
11 - Annie Lennox, Shining Light
10 - Danny, Radio (Acoustic)
09 - Alesha Dixon, Breathe Slow
08 - Girls Aloud, The Loving Kind
07 - Same Difference, If You Can't Dance
06 - Lily Allen, The Fear
05 - The Killers, Spaceman
04 - Take That, Up All Night
03 - Kelly Clarkson, My Life Would Suck
02 - Simon Curtis/Victoria Justice, On The Wings Of A Dream (4 weeks at number one)
01 - Sugababes, Every Heart Broken (1 week/NE)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY