Thursday, February 19, 2009

This blog isn't just about music and telly and stuff, it's also supposed to be about travel. (Of course I spend most of my time listening to music and watching telly whilst I'm saving up for my next holiday!).

Anyway I've got some news for you - I'm heading off to Gothenburg (with faithful travelling companion in tow) in eight weeks' time for something pretty special indeed. For I am finally going to a Salem Al Fakir concert, and regular readers of this blog will know how special that is for me.

I just wish I could bottle this feeling I have tonight, it's beyond euphoria...!

And as I said in an earlier post, it will also be post-Melodifestivalen season, so I'll be bringing the inevitable CDs/DVDs home with me.

We made our first trip to Gothenburg in 1996. I'd always wanted to go to Sweden - so when the opportunity came up we just had to take it. Long before low-cost-flights, there was the Newcastle to Gothenburg overnight ferry trip, which provided an enjoyable night's entertainment on the way there. Sadly this is no more - it couldn't compete financially with the airlines :(

Anyway we managed to see a lot of the city whilst we were there, amongst other things we had a great night at Liseberg amusement park and went up in the tower for some amazing views of the city, we also spent a fabulous day at the Slottskogen nature park and had an unforgettable experience - seeing our first moose!!

This time we'll only be there for a couple of days, but what a couple of days they promise to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY