Sunday, February 22, 2009

Red - Step Into The Light

  • Well i won't lie to you Bryn (been watching Gavin and Stacey again!) it's been quite a nice but tiring weekend. Darren was feeling well enough to venture to the local pub. Hurrah! I was worried his healing operation wound would burst and get infected again, but it seemed to be ok.
  • The DJ was on proper form last night, providing me with favourite after favourite. He even played this cheesy-esque new popstars winning tune above, which is quite adorable. Lots of Girls Aloud (The Promise and Untouchable), Saturdays (Up and Just Can't Get Enough), Alesha Dixon (Boy Does Nothing), Hazel Dean (Searching), Erasure (Stop), Pink (So What), heck even Katy Perry (Hot and Cold). Oh and apparently Poker Face, though to me it just sounded like a Sweet Dreams/Bimbo Jones remix of Pink rip off.
  • (Alesha Dixon is the opening act for Enrique on his UK Tour. How aces is that?)
  • (Red aren't really going to change the world, but i do like that song in a sub-par "Britannia High" sort of way. And I've finally decided I like BeFour's version of No Limits. Just for the crap dancing)
  • The pub was so packed last night, that at one point one girl was standing so close to me, I could taste the odour of sweat on her and her hair was resting on my face! I mean for crying out loud, Darren and I don't get that close even when we do number 48 of the gay karma sutra (Yes we ARE that acrobatic :P)
  • Had a nice Sunday planning our holidays for the year. On the cards are definitely Bulgaria, maybe Sweden or Portugal and then Las Vegas for Christmas, Los Angeles for New Years. Now if you need Darren and I, we will be on the corner of Hurst Street selling our bodies. Mine's going for a song :(

  • I haven't really raved about Dancing On Ice as much as I should have this year, but it has been brilliant and Ray Quinn is just so glorious to watch on the ice. See him above skating to Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now (only quibble is they should've used Same Difference's version!). This week he pulled out some AMAZING moves to Do The Hop that were really quite stunning. Link coming as soon as it's on youtube... Dancing on Ice - where retired popstars reclaim their former glories (see Duncan James, Jessica Liberty X, Gareth Gates, Suzanne Shaw and er, Lisa Scott Lee. Well most of them anyway)...
  • Oh I am adoring the animated Pet Shop Boys video. A - because I love it when popstars get animated and express themselves in different ways, and B - cartoon snogging always makes me smile. Oh and Depeche Mode's new single leaked this weekend. Wrong is not quite right with me yet, but i have enough history with DM that I will give it several more spins to see how I warm up to it :) Check out XOs views here...
  • I've been rewatching The Tudors in preparation for the third year which must be starting soon - God, I do love this show, historical inaccuracies and all. The one things that irks me is the whole "you think you know a story but you only know how it ends" bit over the opening credits. Uh, no. I'm obsessed with that era of history, and most people know the Henry VIII story thank you very much.
  • And finally, it's been a decent weekend for catching my favourite popstars perform on highly rated tv shows. The Saturdays did Just Can't Get Enough on some Comic Relief dance show, while Take That (just below the top 21 chart run down title) performed Up All Night on Ant and Dec (Ant's forehead looks freaking massive these days). And William of Young did his exquisite Let It Go on Dancing On Ice, which is shown just above this week's chart run down title. As much as I adore William, i did think "oh jeez, what have you done to your hair?!" when he first came on screen. Nice tux though. And Torvill and Dean as magnif as ever..

TOP 21 SONGS OF THE WEEK:

21 - Marit Larsen, The Chase (NE)
20 - Lenka, Trouble Is A Friend (NE)
19 - Jason Mraz, Dynamo of Volition (NE)
18 - Britannia High, Start of Something
17 - McFly, Last Song (NE)
16 - The Days, No Ties (NE)
15 - Darin, See You At The Club
14 - The Saturdays, Just Can't Get Enough
13 - Girls Aloud, The Loving Kind
12 - Same Difference, If You Can't Dance
11 - Annie Lennox, Shining Light
10 - William Young, Let It Go
09 - The Killers, Spaceman
08 - Lily Allen, The Fear
07 - Alesha Dixon, Breathe Slow
06 - Taylor Swift, Love Story
05 - Take That, Up All Night (VID)
04 - Kelly Clarkson, My Life Would Suck Without You
03 - Simon Curtis/Victoria Justice, On The Wings Of A Dream
02 - Pet Shop Boys, Love Etc.
01 - Sugababes, Every Heart Broken (4 Weeks)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY