Monday, February 19, 2007

Ruthiepoos and I have now seen the marvelous Feeling 4 times in 12 months. And each time has been truly magnificent. They were one of the first bands I championed on this blog and it was a real thrill to see lots of other people start to appreciate their music in the blogging world, and the band proved to be a huge success in England and Europe (I'm pretty sure America is beckoning!). The set list was exactly the same as when we saw them late last year, with one exception, yet it was still an exciting and energetic performance. Here are some highlights:
.

~ the concert was in Wolverhampton (how alienhits ;) ) so Ruthiepoos drove us there and I navigated. Rather brilliantly as well.
~ I decided to pay homage to Dan Gillespie (Sex)Sells by wearing a cool white shirt, sleeves rolled up and a waistcoat. I looked amazing, natch ;)
~ the line for the booze was amazingly long. We passed the time by judging other people in our minds which is always fun. There was an enormously large woman in a some sort of mumu/cardigan that really made me rub my eyes and doubletake at the horrificness of it all. Trinny and Susannah that woman now!
~ Once we had got our booze (water), we moved into the main hall and some random young ragamuffin asked where i got my waistcoat from, was mostly disinterested in the answer and then said "are you a gay? Is it ok to ask that?" I confirmed that I was indeed "a gay". Sweet Jebus...
~ He then high fived me (presumably for being "a gay" in a waistcoat) which i ashamed to admit i reciprocated. His equally drunk/strung out buddy then lead him away. Probably to experiment with "bumlove"
~ Some posh person in front of us had his v-neck on back to front. We couldn't tell if he was being ironic or not. V necks are not designed to be worn back to front. He looked like he was wearing a fashionable strait jacket.
~ Bring it on haters ~ The Fray were surprisingly good if inoffensive. Highlights of course were How To Save A Life (which they spunked 2 songs too early in my opinion) and Over My Head.
~ Though apart from the guy in the brown shirt, they are ugly as fuck and the lead singer was wearing a baggy illfitting t-shirt. Which just won't cut it when you are touring with people as effortlessly stylish as The Fee.
~ The girls behind us were ridiculously annoyed that the main show didn't start til nine thirty. One of them had to be up early apparently. Yikes. Poor luv.
~ The concert started off with that amazing
Fill My Little World intro from the last concert that leads into the very beach boy-esque and perfectly harmonised I Want You Now.
~ Fill My Little World is still the most amazing song I have heard for years.
~ There is no filler on the feeling album. And they did Join With Us again. Ruthiepoos and I were happy.
~ New addition to the set was an utterly rocking Fat Bottomed Girls cover. Insanely amazing.
~ Dan looked as lovely as ever, but I may have transferred some of my affections to Mr Ellis-Bextor. He has a very adorable floppy fringe/bangs and wore red braces that made me feel gooey downstairs
~ Ruthiepoos and I are now going to see them at some concert in a forest in June. Huzzah.
~ Blue Picadilly is still the most perfect song to end their set on. Ironic too seeing as it is about trains and the last one left for Birmingham about 10 minutes before they played it ;)
~ Je t'adore la feeling.

.
LINK: Check out my previous feeling concerts here, here, and here. Marv.
LINK: For gods sake buy 12 Stops and Home if you haven't already!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY