Friday, September 15, 2006


Oh my! Popping up rather quietly on maroon 5's myspace page was the following message from drummer Ryan…

" Due to the rigors of touring, I have sustained joint and nerve injuries that have made me unable to continue performing as a drummer in a touring rock band. I am therefore leaving Maroon 5 to pursue songwriting and producing on my own, a process I have already begun with much enthusiasm.

The split is amicable, and I have made my peace with this unfortunate reality, because I feel that I have a lot of music still to make. I worked in the creative process and production of the new M5 album with the title Musical Director, and I hope to collaborate with the band again in the future. I am still close friends with the guys, including my replacement, Matt Flynn, to whom I wish good luck and much success.

I would also like to thank all of you who have supported me for many years, and I hope to create music for you in the near future. Its been an incredible twelve years since Adam, Jesse, Mickey and I started this band. Now I begin a new phase in my life, to which I look forward graciously. Thank you, and I love you all."

Maroon 5 were one of the four bands I fell in love with in 2004 and are still my favourite, even over the mighty Scissters and killers. It was quite a shock to read this news and wish Ryan all the best with his new path in life. It must have been a difficult decision to leave. Apparently the band are close to finishing their sophomore set – I for one can't wait to hear it…while we are waiting for that, here are a couple of demos from Songs About Jane…

MP3: Maroon 5 – Thats Not Enough (unreleased demo)
MP3: Maroon 5 – Shiver (demo)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY