Friday, September 22, 2006

Hello Pips and Pipettes! Well Ruthless and I left poor DazPains doubled up on the new leather corner sofa last night (the poor lamb has a kidney infection - he has the worst luck ever) and tried not to feel too guilty by running to the Pipettes opening night of their tour here in, er, glamourous Birmingham...

Pipettes tour review:

- as we walked through lovely Birmingham we couldn't help but notice that on the lifts/elevators (i'm so multi-cultural) there were some rather snazzy Scissor Sisters advertisements. ooo clever!


- then as we walked through the usually classy Debenhams, we noticed this rather poor taste Wedding display. Well I say we, but actually I mean Ruth's lesbilicious eyes were instantly attracted to anything slightly breast like...
- the concert had been upgraded to a slightly bigger hall in the Carling Academy. It was very hot though and stank a bit of stale piss. other than that it was all bonza - i particularly liked the t-shirts showing you how to Pull Shapes :)
- I briefly (i blame the lighting and my pint of cider) thought one of Death Cab 4 Cutie was cute on their poster, but then realised I was horribly horribly mistaken :(
- then rather mortifyingly, I was having a wee and a man came to the urinal next to me, hocked the hugest loogie in it ever (which really churns my stomach. I mean how uncouth. It was enough to give me the vapours...) and then turns to me and says "the lighting in here makes you feel ill" Really? Just the lighting??! All I could say was 'ew' and runaway (after washing my hands). I've never understood why strangers talk to you in the toilet?!
- Plus i was not happy that there was a sticker of The Feeling at the base of the urinal so I had to piss all over them. boo!
- There was a girl next to us who could balance her drink of water perfectly on her head and walk several steps. marv! For some reason, Ruthie and i deduced that this would mean she was brilliant in bed!
- The young barman made my cider head far too frothy so I told him i didn't mind a bit of head, which caused him to look at me in a scared but gay curious sort of way. Snicker!
- The support band sounded more like Stefy than Stefy but had absolutely no stage presence!
- The Pipettes were as brilliant and fun as you would expect them to be - I haven't seen so many audience members doing co-ordinated dance moves since the Steps Gold tour...
- they sang every song from their album and a couple of b-sides, which still meant it was all over in 45 minutes...
- short but brilliant is sometimes all you need...
- they played a brand new song which isn't a million miles away from their current stuff. in fact I got the impression that if they hadn't told us it was brand new, people would have just assumed it was off the album. but that's a good thing!
- the bass player Jez is actually almost as good looking as DazPretty which is quite the compliment. And he had good popstar hair!
- Judy, One Night Stand and It Hurts To See You Dance So Well all sound amazing live...
- School Uniform is actually quite morally dubious, unless it's Daykin from the History Boys as the actor that plays him in the touring version is quite handsome and has very chiselled features...
- I sang the wrong words to Pull Shapes in a V Fest 05 "Oh My God" moment. Ruthie knows what I mean.
- All in all fairly amazing. This review has been quite "popjustice-ish" hasn't it?!

MP3: We Are The Pipettes
MP3: One Night Stand
MP3: School Uniform

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY