Tuesday, December 14, 2010

"Araf" - Mor ve Ötesi.

When you think of 'holiday songs' then the usual dance hits come to mind....but when I think back to my recent holiday in Turkey, it's not "We No Speak Americano" which comes to mind (although you couldn't escape it anywhere) but something darker and more intense = in other words, "Araf" (Purgatory), which got lots of airplay on Power Turk TV.

When choosing songs for my annual chart, some were very obvious top ten choices. This was absolutely one of them. I must have played this song more times than I can remember in the last 3 months, but I never tire of it. Brilliant vocals by Harun Tekin - what a great singer, just love him! - and the band's mix of accessible guitar music and superb vocal harmonies make this Turkish band one of the best in Europe right now.


By the way, they've also recorded a couple of songs in English - "Loveliest Mistake" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcnQZdNtNWo) and "Dependence Day" - would this suggest an English-language album might be on the way? If anyone knows any more about this, please let me know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY