Tuesday, May 11, 2010


I love a good spurt of musical goodness, I do. And what with Scissor Sisters and Kylie due to return early Summer, it seems that my very beloved Maroon 5 will join my very beloved The Feeling for an autumnal release! I love a good autumnal release, I do. Just ask Darren :P So this has put a proper pep in my step despite another insanely busy work week/week of ongoing hospital visits ahead. Do read on because it would be rude to leave now...

Maroon 5 ~ Hands All Over: God, I love Maroon 5 :) Like seriously adore. It helps that I've had a long man-crush on Adam LeFine since I saw him in the This Love video with a sexy yellow bandanna round his wrist (well let's be practical, it's always handy to have a cum rag near by isn't it fellas?)... So it's doubly delightful that the band are returning this "fall" with a brand new album, which means lots of brand new delicious promo shots. As with both their previous albums, it's reported to be a wide range of styles including rock (Hands All Over), funk (Misery), pop (Stutter) and soul (Don't Know Much About That). Plus there is a collaboration with Lady Antebellum on a track entitled Out of Goodbyes... the thought of Charles Kelley and Adam crooning together is utterly delightful (and arousing. down boy)... Produced by Mutt Lange of ex Mr Shania Twain fame too! The single is going to radio at the end of June, and I'm hoping that their US tour will extend to the UK at some point over Christmas. I'm positively tingling with anticipation. And here is your essential M5 discography (that should've been) to date...
  1. Harder To Breathe
  2. This Love
  3. She Will Be Loved/Woman (from Spiderman2)
  4. Must Get Out
  5. The Sweetest Goodbye
  6. Makes Me Wonder
  7. Wake Up Call
  8. Won't Go Home Without You
  9. Never See Your Face Again (w/Rihanna)
  10. Better That We Break

Updates on other faves...

  • Kylie ~ All The Lovers: Oh doesn't she just look exquisite? Kylie is busy filming her video for her comeback single and has wisely surrounded herself with buff dudes. This is how I get ready for work every single morning. Alas, the video shoot has meant several dreadful quality clips of the song have ended up online. I shall patiently await the full radio premiere this Friday! EEK! For more on the vid, see PopTrashAddicts and Chartrigger...
  • Scissor Sisters ~ Tour!: The Scissor Sisters are doing a small UK tour prior to the release of their new album. And hurrah they are coming to Brum on June 25th! Aces. Ruthiepoos and I are so there :) For another view on the single, visit Nick at alienhits...
  • Simon Curtis - 8 Bit Heart: From the moment I heard it, I knew that the title track to his free album was one of my fave Simon songs ever (up there with Diablo, Put Your Make Up On, Another Heartache and Broken (Show Mix))... So hurrah for inventive photographer Tyler Shields doing a "video portrait" of Simon singing that song acapella. It's essentially Simon in a black and white video, wearing black and white. But it is a bit more than that - there's some great use of light and shadow at various points, it highlights the pure melody of the song and Simon's live vocals, and it reminds me of something perhaps a tv show would use at the end of a particularly dramatic episode. The ending of the song is all sorts of incredible and the juxtaposition of such an upbeat, positive song in such a dark gloomy potentially riddled with unsavoury people setting works nicely. Plus, you can download it free here. Hurrah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY