Wednesday, May 12, 2010

There is something utterly magnificent about a duet. Often because they are based on two solo stars doing something wonderful together that isn't a sex tape. Although that can be wonderful too depending on who is in it :P And believe me, I have played several man-man celeb sex tape scenarios in my head on many a bored occasion :P But for now, I'll focus on the music and some rather brillopants duets currently doing "the rounds"...


Chanee & N'Evergreen ~ In A Moment Like This: This is Denmark's entry for Eurovision this year and all of a sudden this weekend, it hit me how blooming magnificent it is. It's not particularly groundbreaking or forward thinking, but what it lacks in innovation it more than makes up for in classic delivery, charm, harmonies and key change. Essentially, it's one part Every Breathe You Take and one part Nothing's Going To Stop Us Now (same difference version). By the time you get to the key change right through to the ending (that sounds a bit like the sound each episode of Lost makes at the end) it has suckered you right in, and you have to go back to the start and listen all over again. Well at least I do. Totally 80s big hair power ballad. Amazemont.


Leona Lewis & Jennifer Hudson ~ Love Is Your Colour: Oh. A Ballad. Excuse me while I pick myself up from the floor in total shock. It's for the Sex and the City 2 soundtrack and it works well in a 90s Disney ballad sort of way. Yet while Chanee and N'Evergreen totally rock the retro feel in a charming way, this just feels a bit dated. And that's a fine balance to pull off. Leona's voice sounds pretty decent against powerhouse Jennifer - I just wished they had done something as sassy and vixeness as the show used to be...


Maria Haukaas Storeng & Måns Zelmerlöw ~ Precious to Me: I've written about this song before, and to be honest with you all, I've just fallen more and more in love with this modern day Especially For You. I've really just taken the excuse to write about it again because there is a nice making of the video clip up now on youtube, and a nice live version (above) where of course, once again, Mans looks ever so handsome indeed. The only downside to this is that it is not from a new Mans album. Oh well, hopefully not too long to wait :)

Tomorrow! The Morning Jolt playlist!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY