Sunday, July 5, 2009

Gather around I have a story to tell... Well I don't really, but I'm absolutely shattered from London Pride yesterday so I am going to whizz bang fizz pop through all this dead quick like ("thank god" - everyone who reads this)! Here are a few very brief highlights from Pride and some more pics here...

  • The drive down was ace thanks to my brillo soundtracking. Frankly the London Boys doing London Nights on the way to London Pride seemed a bit obvious but it worked :P
  • As did the love for True Blue by Madonna, which got a right rip roaring singalong going in the petit voiture. Sometimes the shiny eyed, romantic, optimistic songs are the best :)
  • I think my hayfever tablets are still making me a) delirious and b) insane because at the services, I bought an ice cream. For later. Which i then put in my pocket. Because that makes sense.
  • The parade in London was very stop starty. The floats were generally quite good, even though there was some religious nut at the end going very red bellowing about god hates sinners into a microphone. I like peanuts. I like macadamia nuts. I do not like religious nuts.
  • Luckily Boy George swannied past on a float which was much louder and shouted at him "God loves everyone. We forgive you. We forgive you. Now go home!". Ah Mr O'Dowd, sometimes you still entertain.
  • It was pondered why the skin heads behind us with the scary looking lesbians weren't enjoying the parade. Turns out they were actually the National Front stall people with their wives. Oh my.
  • The main stage was generally entertaining in Trafalgar Square. There is a lovely picture of a man with a large arse crack and a bra waving hairy arm pitted woman in my photo link. That is the sort of people that are attracted to the supposed cultural epicentre of this great nation :P
  • While in the main stage area, burning like a crisp (although Darren kindly explained that just because I have sun block on doesn't mean the sun can't make those areas of my skin feel hot. Generally agreed by the gang that this was on level of stupidity with not knowing reindeer were real :/), I realised i like the Cascada number one song. For a few seconds. Mein Gott.
  • Tina Cousins sang Sex On Fire. It was not very good. Neither were her legs :S
  • The Pink Singers were quite good though. I love choir versions of pop songs. Their 70s melody was proper bonza.
  • And of course Elouise was entirely amazing as I knew she would be. One Night Only won over a tired crowd, and her new song Another Day was appropriately inspiring, epic, uplifting and delivered with such conviction and passion that I had goosebumps on my arms. Quite literally breathtaking.
  • We then had a kentucky and went home :) The end.
TOP 21 SONGS OF THE WEEK:


21 ~ Industry, My Baby's Waiting
20 ~ Alcazar, From Brazil With Love
19 ~ Mr Hudson, Supernova
18 ~ Lily Allen, F**k You (RE)
17 ~ Erik Hassle, Don't Bring Flowers
16 ~ Le Kid, Mercy Mercy
15 ~ Little Boots, Remedy (NE)
14 ~ Marina & The Diamonds, I Am Not A Robot
13 ~ Dan Black, Symphonies
12 ~ Freemasons ft SEB, Heartbreak Makes Me A Dancer
11 ~ BWO, Right Here Right Now
10 ~ Jordin Sparks, Battlefield
09 ~ Preston, Dressed To Kill (NE)
08 ~ Dolly Rockers, Je Suis Un Dolly
07 ~ Mans Zelmerlow, Home
06 ~ Jason Mraz, Try Try Try
05 ~ JLS, Beat Again
04 ~ Elouise, One Night Only
03 ~ "Abba", Second Best To None
02 ~ Michael Jackson, Man In The Mirror
01 ~ Benny Andersson Band, Story Of A Heart (4 weeks)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY