|
|
|---|
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Not that I'm the most regular poster anyway, but I'm having a few days off as Darren goes into hospital tomorrow to have an abcess removed from his spine! For the third time!! So maybe they will actually get all of it out this time!!! GRIFE! As he will be all bandaged up for his birthday, we decided to celebrate a week early and go and do touristy stuff in London with our too lovely friends Simon and Mark. Here are some of the boring highlights:
- Yes i've moaned that it's a bit generic, but when has that ever stopped me loving pop songs before? I'm now obsessed with the new Kelly single, though on the drive down to Londres, Darren ruined it a little by saying he thought she was going to say "my life would suck without the USA..." Curse him
- Simon and Mark kindly turned off La Femme de Gaga, and replaced it with The Saturdays whom they love. Their album is quite poppy fun, and woo hoo! Issues has become a bonafide smash all on it's own. (Of course I blame Cheryl for the lowest GA single placing yet, but by this point even I'm not sure why!!)
- People are gross aren't they? After I recovered from the mental torture that was the breast feeding last week, some rude little minx sneezed in my hair on the escalators down to the tube. I turned round and told her it was polite to cover her mouth when she was going to spray germs everywhere. "Oh she will" cackled her mom, adjusting her yashmak. Which i thought was quite genuinely witty of her...
- Madame Tussauds was only brilliant in terms of finding waxworks I could do rude things too (see pic above, though I'm not sure who looks more shiny!). I was all prepared for my "snog-the-face-off-the-Justin-Timberlake-model" pose, but was told by a member of the staff I couldn't get that close. I'm sure Justin wasn't complaining. Bah.
- The London Dungeons are quite good. I was disappointed it wasn't an S&M club of course (I jest!) but it was still a jolly good romp. I did shame myself by screaming far too loudly on a far too pathetic ride thingy that was meant to represent the gallows. I curse the little hag who said "daddy that man screamed louder than me!".
- Darren and I had breakfast at a much too pretentious McDonalds (there were flowers on the table. Nice, but it's McDonalds!!) and were having a lovely little chat, when Darren VERY loudly goes "Urgh, you have a massive bit of cheese in your teeth" and everyone looked :( He is such a bugger sometimes!
- I am amazing at Wii bowling. I have never scored more than 102 points in bowling in my life, and I got 179! Hamazing! I am probably going to be recruited for a world championship tournament. Or something. My shoulder is killing me today. After turning my nose up at wii-ing in public, I am now addicted.
- I am sure lots more happened (including a yummy Chinese takeaway), but I can't remember it all now. I do remember I said "cock" a lot, which can't be particularly good.
- Oh! Darren and I finally finished watching The Inbetweeners. It is actually very incredible and hilarious indeed. It has introduced me to the word clunge. I shall use it at the hospital tomorrow. That will impress the nurses. If a male nurse says "that's a bit rapey" to me, I shall french him right then and there on the spot. That's how brilliant the show is....
- Two random things - I have a whole post somewhere about how I have completely changed my opinion about Robbie's Rudebox (i didn't like, now i think is near but not quite amazing) that i may tidy up and post, if i have time. Also, check out Aaron's Darren Hayes interview. What a little star (Aaron, not Darren)...
21 - Britney, Womaniser
20 - Darin, See You At The Club (NE)
19 - Lenka, All My Bells Are Ringing
18 - Take That, Greatest Day
17 - Alesha Dixon, Breathe Slow
16 - Sugababes, No Can Do
15 - Same Difference, We R One
14 - Leona Lewis, Run
13 - Danny, Radio (Acoustic)
12 - Annie Lennox, Shining Light
11 - JLS, Hallelujah
10 - Leon Jackson, Creative
09 - Britannia High, Start Of Something
08 - Jason Mraz, Live High
07 - Kelly Clarkson, My Life Would Suck Without You (NE)
06 - Lily Allen, The Fear
05 - The Killers, Spaceman
04 - Girls Aloud, The Loving Kind
03 - Take That, Up All Night (Vid)
02 - Same Difference, If You Can't Dance
01 - ???? (3 weeks)
Labels: private affair, Take That




