Monday, March 1, 2010

Sometimes you just need to come home to some accomplished piano driven pop music with a seductive male vocal to lure you in. Today wasn't bad, but on the drive home from one of our offices the lorry in front of me was all over the place so I went across two lanes to pass him. Lucky I did, as he blew a tyre and took out about 3 cars, skidding across the motorway. I only just missed being in the pile up - in my rear view mirror, I could see the lorry getting closer and closer to me and it's only because I had the opportunity to speed up that I avoided it all! Sheesh! I checked the news when I got in and there were only minor injuries and shock. Lucky for all those involved because it looked a lot worse! So I was very ready for these fellas you are about to read about below...

TODD ALSUP:

I was listening to (what else) Larry Flick tother week when this jaunty pogo-pop driven tune popped up on the stereo and made me really pay attention. It was called Let's Have A Party and is the new single from the quite delightful Todd Alsup. True, the opening chords remind me a little bit of Wake Up by Sliimy, but then it evolves into something so much more than that. The effective instrumental romp provides this brilliant mood lifting vibe, while the chorus is one of those inviting singalongs that makes you feel part of the action whether you are listening to it for the first time or singing along for the 100th time at his live shows. It really is a great tune and a wonderful introduction to the talented Todd. For example, The Way It Goes shows a more subdued side with a mid tempo swaying ballad that still manages to put forward a positive attitude towards looking a life's problems. His voice has a rich resonant quality to it that is quite welcoming and soothing at the same time. And perfect for the beginning of the week is the perky It's Always Monday - absolutely gorgeous piano riff running through it with some great chords adding a depth to the rollicking melody. Never does Todd's vocal get lost in this lush blend of instrumentation and the choruses are always massive, always memorable. I absolutely adore pop like this and I can't wait to hear more :) Plus, what a cutie :P Follow him on twitter @toddalsup...

Clayton Senne:

This was a recommendation by Bill Smith on twitter (read his ace blog here) and I'm happy to have come across two such great male pop vocalists in one week :) Clayton has a great tag on his myspace which says "Saving the world, 88 keys at a time" which really just appealed to the inner piano player in me. His track Wonderland has some amazing intricate piano work on there, making it reminiscent of the work of Billy Joel and Elton John; and to an extent the piano riffs I adored in some of Debbie Gibson's earlier and more recent work. There's a heavy percussion in the song too which gives it an energy and vitality which I can only imagine is rather intoxicating live. And when he slows it down on tracks like The Sun Will Rise, it's equally as smooth and engaging. I am just so taken in by pop that relies on the timeless stuff like melody, strong natural vocals and just the sheer pleasure of being organic music. Clayton and Todd both have that, and it's this which appeals to me and lasts with me over a longer period of time, rather than the fads and trends which pass us by. Quite lovely. Follow him on twitter @musicbyclayton.

If you liked this...

Let's not forget the amazing Brave by Gavin Mikhail. Still gets me everytime. Heavenly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY