Tuesday, December 16, 2008

9 reasons why my day wasn't very good, but parts of it were...

  • JEERS - I had to get up at 4.30am to catch the 5.22am train to cultureless Norfolk (unless you live there and then you are the most lovely exception to this rule)
  • CHEERS - I did get to catch up on the latest few episodes of Britannia High which has finally found the right level of camp and absurdity. Jez and Lola are fast becoming the breakout stars and i feel a little bit sad that it is unlikely to return :( Still the song Body to Body (above) is proper bonza...
  • JEERS - only 3 of the 6 candidates booked for interviews turned up. How bloody rude
  • JEERS - i sat all morning with a colleague i'm not particularly fond of who went on and on about how she is discriminated against because of her weight (she is a little on the large side). At lunch, she ordered a large MacDonalds meal with a caramel chunks sundae, then asked for a diet coke before winking at me "i am on a diet after all". Bloody nora...
  • CHEERS - it was vair vair nippy noodles out and she tripped and broke her heel of her stiletto and fell over. I unkindly laughed like a drain!! hahahaha
  • JEERS - karma is a bitch. I had to help her up and have proper done me back in. It aches in all the wrong places (which reminds me of the Lisa Stansfield song In All The Right Places which is quite good and i haven't listened to for ages)
  • CHEERS - family guy quote of the day (from Peter - the same size as my colleague) "What's the point Lois? It's like that playboy with the Debbie Gibson centrefold. I mean, yeah, she's naked, but who gives a shit?" AMAZING. I was pissing myself laughing on the train. I think people thought i was high. I was a little. Those breath strips that melt on your tongue are quite potent.
  • JEERS - i had to sit for part of the journey next to some upper class posh twit who a) was about 17 and b) male. I don't know why that is wrong in this context but his phone conversation went something like this "Daddy, you promised that we could have hamburgers for Harrods tonight, and you know if I don't go and see the pony i'll simply die". I've even toned it down a bit. I mean oh my freaking goodness. I've never wanted anyone not to see a pony so much in all my life.
  • CHEERS - the comment from Lady Peugeot on my day yesterday made me laugh like a drain all over again.

THE 9 FESTIVE POP SONGS THAT ERASE ALL THAT BADNESS

  • 9 - Debbie Gibson, Sleigh Ride: Even though I won't get home til 8.46pm tonight, just hearing those sleigh bells ringaling a ding dingalingaling to debbie's dulcet tones and frisky production values fair puts a smile on my miserable mug. My second fave of all the Deb Christmas songs...
  • 8 - Darin, O Holy Night: One of my favourite Christmas songs and to hear the increasingly hot elfin faced pop dude sing it is rather charming. Only to be attempted by those who really have the pipes and Darin definitely does. I just want to cuddle him :) (thanks PPG!)
  • 7 - Cheeky Girls, A Cheeky Christmas: The nadir of all the reality tv talent show releases, (bar Chico of course) yet give me a glass of wine and I'm soon shaking my fanny (american version, obv) to the jingly aceness of this simple track. Hideously addictive.
  • 6 - Darlene Love, All Alone on Christmas: From one of the greatest christmas movies of all time (Home Alone 2), it's theme of hope radiates all through the holly jolly instrumentation and was heavily borrowed from for Britney's My Only Wish and Bianca Ryan's Why Couldn't It Be Christmas Every Day. Best sax solo since Deb's Should've Been The One and not topped until the Feeling got all saxy on Won't Go Away.
  • 5 - Fast Food Rockers, I Love Christmas (above): I mean the brilliance of the message is baked right into the title of the song. The FFR bunch were never known for their subtlety (hey they tried to ride the Steps wave to stardom and sadly it didn't work) but this is a lovely little tune that will probably end up as a Same Diff b-side this time next year. Now there's optimism for you :)
  • 4 - Steps, Merry Christmas Everybody: I don't really harp on about it but Steps are one of my favourite all time groups so hearing them put their chirpy brand of dance-pop to the Slade classic was heaven for me 8 years ago. Even if the whispered middle 8 does sound rather creepy and murderous, this still blasts out at my Christmas parties every single year. And every year someone says "oh it's not a patch on the original" Bah humbug to them i say.
  • 3 - A*Teens, I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday: God the early millenium was really a utopia time for decent dance-pop wasn't it? If only BWO would whip out an ace Christmas tune (though the gorgeous Destiny of Love works very well in a seasonal setting). My lovely underrated A*Teens covered the Wizzard classic in the way that only they knew how - lots of beats and bells. Jingly jingly. Love it.
  • 2 - S Club, Perfect Christmas: I can't fault their peers for partying on down by discoing up the Christmas classics, but the Clubbers put out a simply gorgeous ballad about spending time with your loved one for the holiday season. I'm sure Darren is bored of me quoting lines of it in my Christmas cards to him, but the sentiment really is quite adorable. "The greatest gift that there could be/wrapped underneath my christmas tree/would be one wish my whole life through/i spend a perfect Christmas with you". Sigh.

  • 1 - Girls Aloud - The Christmastry EP: Not only did this bonus Chemistry disc have an amazing cover, but it featured four holly jolly Christmas covers, and four amazing new Christmas songs. By far the best of which of course is Christmas in a Nutshell with it's brilliant refrain "bish bash bosh wooo! you give me something i can never get from santa claus". The whole thing of course is entirely amazing. I could tell you a story about something darren slipped one Christmas that i could never get from Santa Claus, but this is a family blog, and there are some pretty hot Abercrombie santas out there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY