Tuesday, December 2, 2008



While I'm sure I'm having a bloody bonza ripper time in Florida, I am going to miss shopping at Springfield in Spain at Christmas. It's become a bit of a tradition for Darren and I to grab a bit of sun in Europe before the cold British winter sets in and I love going to what is really the more sophisticated European cousin of The Gap. Not only do they do a nifty line in foxy underwear, but their clothes are always top notch for the season and their autumn winter collection is one of their finest yet. Plus I have one of my all time favourite scarves from that store... Anyway, purpose of this post isn't to big up Springfield (though you really should check out their website here) but to say, as I do every year since the dawn of time), that i think the festive tunes of two 80s icons could soundtrack a wonderful christmas campaign for the store. Deborah Gibson and Tommy Page are both talented singer songwriters whose careers I stuck with and cherished long after most people had stopped caring. And both have dabbled with some beautiful and original Christmas music. Around 1990, Tommy had a mournful Christmas tune called Christmas Without You that really stuck with me that Christmas for various reasons. He followed it up a few years later with a more uplifting festive swooner called Christmas Feels Like Heaven. And sometimes it does, doesn´t it? Deb had already recorded Sleigh Ride for A Very SpecialChristmas 2 when she wrote and sang this demo version of Take Me Home For Christmas - a truly lovely song about the need to fit in and be loved at the most forgiving and special time of year. For a long time, this was my favourite Christmas song until in 2004, Christmas Without You was released. Not only does it feature a gorgeous vocal, but has a timeless melody, sorrowful lyrics and some tinkling piano. It was when I put all Tommy and Deb´s christmas songs together that i got a marketing campaign idea... Both could have separate commercials singing their own versions of Christmas without You and then finally meet in a joint commercial which sees Springfield bring their *love* together. Sigh. Deborah does Springfield? Most definitely

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY