Friday, November 28, 2008

I totally subscribe to the voice as an instrument so I'm always partial to an acapella take on christmas classics, especially when they are as layered and complex as this! Straight No Chaser are one of those university frat bros type barber shop quartets that throw everything and the kitchen sink into their songs. Not only do they all sing different parts of 12 days of Christmas simultaneously, but they also throw in other festive ditties here and there before culminating in a Toto-Africa tune version of the song they were originally trying to sing! It is all quite entertaining, very clever, and while possibly not going to be my favourite festive ditty of all time, their album Holiday Spirits is a real charmer and available in all good record stores now (how quaint and old fashioned that now sounds!!)

One song that charms me every year however, is Rockapella's It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas/Glow Worm medley. It's all whistles, gorgeous deep baritone ba-boom bass noises and harmonies so luxuriously layered that it's almost like tucking into a lovely Marks and Spencers White Cranberry Cheesecake. It's that decadant. The two songs work incredibly well together, and they never fail to put a smile on my face as I weave my way in and out of panicked christmas shoppers on my way to a traditional dark cherry mocha at starbucks with it blasting thru on my mp3 player. Oooo i want an acapella band for Christmas!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY